NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Twenty-Two Days of Thanks: Day One

I have decide that from now until Thanksgiving Day, 2012, that I would post a post of thanksgiving every day...and that I'd give you the chance to join me. :)
With the help of InLinkz.com, I made a link-up for you to submit posts to complete with its own page, Twenty-Two Days of Thanks on Fibro, Fit and Fab!  (It's on the left, in case you didn't see it. :))  The link-up will be available from now until Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 22, 2012.  I hope that you will link-up and share the word by grabbing a badge on the right (You'll see the picture that I used below with the code in a box below it.) and posting it to your site.  That's not required, but I'd love it if you did. :)  Also, you don't have to post every day, but you are more than welcome to. :)  If you have any questions about the link-up, feel free to comment below or email me.
Anyway, let's get this link-up party kicked off right, shall we? 
What am I thankful for?
The first thing that I want to share that I'm grateful for is my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  Without Him, my life would be so very different than it is today.  I can say with 100% certainty that I would still be a mess, maybe even more of one, without Him.  My marriage was in a mess, my mind was in a mess - my whole world was falling apart before I became a Christian.
Now, I'd been raised in a Christian home with good, Godly parents, but I was running from God personally.  I didn't really think I needed a Savior.  I was a good person.  I did good things.  I wasn't a "bad" girl.  I knew God had sent His Son to die for me - I believed that...I just didn't believe that I'd NEEDED Him to.  I had never realized that I had a need that only He could fill.  I was basing my ability to get to Heaven, to be pleasing to God, to be a good person on the belief that I was just serving a God Who had come to take my place on the cross.  I wasn't basing it on the fact that I'd NEEDED Him to.  Now that may not seem like a difference to you, but trust me - it is.
When I just believed He'd died for me, I just thought of it as a fact.  It was something He just did.  I didn't need Him in order to be good or to do right - I was all those things on my own.  I did things wrong and I sinned, but God could overlook that...  You see where my mindset was?
Change it to Him NEEDING to die for my sins.  Now I no longer saw myself as such a good person.  I no longer saw that I could do right in and of myself...I needed an Advocate, Someone to take my place - I was now in a whirlwind of trouble with no way out without Someone there to help me.  It was THIS line of reasoning, this revelation, that brought me to my knees, begging God's forgiveness and help - and it made all the difference in the world.
It saved my marriage because I realized I wasn't so wonderful.  I had my flaws.  The only perfect Person was Christ - and I would need His help if I was going to change things in my marriage.  And you know what?  It worked. :) 
Becoming a Christian had a ripple effect.  It changed my heart, which changed my direction, which changed my marriage, which changed my home - it changed everything for the better, and I don't regret that decision at all.
Now, I've not been perfect.  I've messed up - sometimes a lot.  But God is there.  He is ready, willing and able to take my mess of a life when I'll give it over to Him and help me.  He truly is amazing. :)  I don't have to be perfect; I just have to be willing to give my imperfections over to God and let Him work in and through me.  You see, it's not about me...It's about Him.  I know some of you reading this will know exactly what I mean. :)
Life has not become perfect either, but now I have God.  He didn't promise that I would not have any trials once I became His, He even said some things might get worse in a way, but He DID promise He'd be there.  I think of it this way: We will all face trials and hardships NO MATTER WHAT we choose to do with God.  The advantage of being a Christian is I don't have to face those hardships alone - I have God with me; I have hope.  I would much rather have Him than go through life without Him.  I lived for 29 years without Him - and I would never want to repeat that experience again.
Maybe you don't know what I'm talking about.  You can find some more information here that will help explain it or you can email me if you like.  I'd love to talk to you.
At any rate, what are you thankful for today?  Comment below or, better yet, link up your post to the link-up.  I look forward to your response! :)
May you have an amazing (and thankful) day!


(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Julie, for sharing such a powerful testimony. I, too, know that our Savior lives and loves us. He will walk with us (even carry us) through our trials. All we need do is ask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heidi! :) Indeed, He is amazing like that. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Julie! first let me say I love what I see on your blog! I am, thankful for salvation first of all! Just like you! Second.. I just want to say "thanks" ... yes... thank you for stopping by my blog on my "SITS Day" I had so much fun! I appreciated your comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and sharing some things you're thankful for. :) I appreciate it. I also thank you so much for the compliments. You're a sweetie!

      I'm glad you had a great SITS day. :) You're welcome for the comment, too.

      Hope you have a great rest of your Sunday!

      Delete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)