NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, November 19, 2012

Twenty-Two Days of Thanks: Day Nineteen

What am I thankful for?
  1. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ
  2. My family
  3. My church
  4. My friends
  5. Unexpected opportunities
  6. My country
  7. The four seasons
  8. Answered prayer
  9. Food
  10. Forgiveness
  11. Freedom
  12. Laughter
  13. Modern medicine
  14. Technology
  15. Quiet moments
  16. Dates
  17. Hunting season
  18. Special music
  19. The Bible
Image courtesy of Janaka Dharmasena / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

I thought I already had this on my list, but I realized I only "implied" it to the list, not officially put it there.  The Bible definitely belongs at the top of my list.  I am still a little surprised that I didn't notice before now that I'd not put it officially on the list, but isn't that how life goes?  When we get busy, to our shame, we forget the Bible.  How sad is that?  Something that should be such a part of our daily lives gets pushed to the side because of the trivial.  One of these days I hope to conquer this fully, but I know I have a long way to go.
As I've implied (and to my shame), I am not the Bible reader I want to be.  I get a few different devotionals and Bible passages emailed to me daily, I read my Bible at church, I have Scriptures running through my head most of the time, I sometimes will read my Bible for hours for no reason at all other than God lead me to a certain passage, and I just keep going because He's speaking to me and I can't put it down...but there are days when I just read to read or out of duty.  I want that to change.  I never regret reading my Bible, but I want to enjoy it even when it's a more "boring" book or chapter.  I guess that makes me sound horrible to call parts "boring", but I'm just being honest. 
Some books of the Bible are tough reading with all the genealogies and laws and such.  Those are the books where you need to pray to ask God to show you something, to open your eyes to what He has for you to learn.  You'd be surprised what you might find.
Years ago, when I was in college, we had a preacher come and talk about the Ark of the Covenant and the reasons why the Tabernacle was set up the way it was and why the priests wore what they wore, why they used the colors and materials, etc. (Exodus 25 - 31), and let me tell you - eye opening!  Suddenly those "boring" details were amazing!  God thought to show the story of His Son in those details.  It would blow your mind how often the Bible does this, not just in the Old Testament, but all throughout.
The Bible is a living Book.  I can't explain it, but there are times (most times, actually) when I read it, and I could promise you that it was like those who pinned it thousands of years ago read my mind at that moment!  I can read the same passage every day for a week and STILL find something new in it and go "Huh!  I don't remember that being there before!"  It's pretty cool. :)  I love how God can use the same exact words to touch different lives so profoundly in different ways or to make you feel so loved and cared for and special in a part of His Word that means very little to someone else.  Blows my mind!  I really do believe that He put things in there just for me, just for Julie...and I think He has done the same for you, too. :)
Now, I'm not going to argue about this, and I am not putting it here to stir up trouble.  This is my conviction, but I know it is not some of yours; that's between you and God.  Anyway, the version of the Bible that I use, that I hold to, is the KJV.  I think it is the Bible meant for the English speaking nations of the world, and you are welcome to disagree.  I am not going to call you a heathen, I am not going to debate with you or tell you that you are evil or anything like that.  As I said, that's between you and God.
I've read other versions, I even went to a church that used other versions.  I've met plenty of Godly people and read some amazing material that used other versions of the Bible.  However, I think (to avoid confusion) that you should only use one (and you're welcome to disagree with me there, too), and the version I choose is the KJV. 
I've researched it out, I've studied it out, and I've come to the conclusion that the KJV is the Bible for me, and that's how it's going to stay.  Please refrain from getting into an argument with me in comments.  This isn't the place for it.  However, if you'd like to send me an email and ask me some questions or state your opinions, I'd be happy to talk with you. :)  Again, I'm not trying to upset anyone, just telling you what I believe.
Anyway, I am grateful for the Bible.  I am grateful God let us have and preserved His Word for all time.  I'm glad He cared that much.  It makes me feel all kinds of special. :)  When I think of that, it makes wanting to read His Letter to us (me) all that much easier and special.



~ What are you grateful for today? ~

Share your story below or link it up on my Twenty-Two Days of Thanks page (it's the bottom link in the left sidebar). I'd love to hear from you!


(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful list of things to be thankful for. I have fibro too so I can relate to your struggles and experiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm so glad you stopped by and took the time to comment. :)

      I'm sorry to hear about your Fibro. It definitely changes how you live day to day! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers for sure!

      Have a great week!

      Delete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)