NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Friday, November 2, 2012

Twenty-Two Days of Thanks: Day Two



Yesterday, I started my "Twenty-Two Days of Thanks" link-up.  I hope that you will join me!  I think it does us a lot of good to take a moment to think about the positive things in our lives instead of dwelling on the negative.  It can bring you out of the darkest moods to look on the bright side - I know, because I've been there.  Give a try!  You might like the results! :)
So, let's see...
What am I thankful for?
  1. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ
  2. My family.

Today, and every day, I am grateful for my family.  Not just my immediate family, but my extended family.
From Left to Right: My brother and his wife and their 3 girls, my sister and her hubby and their son and daughter, my parents, then me and my hubby and our 3 kids. (April, 2012)

My brother is in Ghana as a missionary with his wife and daughters. We only get to see them once every four years or so, so we cherish the time we have with them. Growing up, I never thought I'd miss my younger brother (yes, he was one of those brothers), but he's grown up to be such an amazing father, uncle, brother, pastor, friend, etc...I am so proud to call him family. I love you, John, and I miss you and your family bunches!!
My sister and her family now live hours away from me after being within a few miles for years so that her husband could become a senior pastor. I am so proud of them!! For those of you who don't know, she is my twin sister (yes, I realize we don't look that much alike), so she's always been there. We even went to college together! I miss her and the boys miss the cousins they got to play with all the time. I look forward to the times we can get together, but they are few and far between now. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas! :) Lynette, I love you, twin-o-mine, and don't you forget it! Hopefully we can catch each other on the phone more often instead of having to text because we're "out of range" or "unable to talk". Sometimes I hate technology...
 
My parents live within 15 minutes of me and we go to the same church.  I am so grateful to have them nearby!  The kiddos love having grandma and grandpa within arms length, I'll tell you that much! :)  It's nice to be able to just stop on by for a quick visit or to stay awhile - whatever we have time for.  Mom and Dad, I love you more than you'll ever know and thank God always for such wonderful parents!  You've proven time and time again that you love me NO MATTER WHAT, and I couldn't ask for more!


Hubby's sisters and the boys (Christmas, 2008)
I am even grateful for my hubby's family.  I know some people aren't grateful for in-laws, so that's why I put it that way.  We don't get to see them much, but we love them all the same!  We are grateful for the time we do get!  We're hoping to get down there around Christmas, so hopefully it all works out!  To my in-laws, we love you and miss you!




Granny meeting our daughter for the first time (October, 2010)



And let's not forget Granny!  This is my mom's mom and the only grandparent I have left.  She is an amazing woman, and I miss her every day!  She babysat me as a baby and little girl, and (as I grew up) I learned to admire her and look up to her.  I still seek out her advice today.  Granny, I love you "a bushel and a peck" now and always!  I hope to get together soon!  I miss you!!

Then there is the family I rarely get to see (I'm talking as much as a decade or so here.)...

My mom's extended family...


My mom's side of the family (Family Reunion, June 2009)

My dad's extended family (which I could not find a picture of)...

My hubby's dad's side of the family...
Hubby's dad's side of the family (Family Reunion, July 2011)
My hubby's mom's side of the family...


Hubby's mom's side of the family (girls only) (December, 2005)
Hubby's mom's side of the family (boys only) (December, 2005)


I couldn't find a picture of his step-dad's side of the family, though I did look.  Nevertheless, they are still included in the "what I'm grateful for" list!
I am so grateful for all of these special people!  You are part of my life, no matter how little we see each other.  I love you all and pray for you often!
Last but not least, I will list my immediate family one by one.
First up, my hubby...

He is one crazy man who loves me despite my faults!  I love him dearly!  I don't know where I'd be without him.  He's an amazing dad, provider and friend.  He isn't perfect, but he leads this home to the best of his abilities as he believes God would have him lead it, and I'm beyond grateful for it!  He has stood by my side when I was the least lovable and supports me when I need it.  He is a great encouragement and helps when my Fibromyalgia keeps me from being able to do the things I need to.  I love you, hubbin, more than life!
Next up, my oldest, Stephen...

What can I say?  He is one of the sweetest 10 year olds in the world!  He is compassionate and kind, smart as a whip and my little man!  He is my buddy, but he respects me as Mom first.  He's always willing to help and loves his siblings to death.  Stevo, you are a bright spot in your Mommy's life! You will never know how much I love you!  God was so good to give you to me!

Then there's my middle man, Sean...
 

He is my 8 year old, my amazing little builder, my hugger, my crazy clown...He has a tender heart and you couldn't ask for a better brother for his siblings.  He struggles sometimes in his learning, but he is so very smart and proves it in so many ways.  My little Sean-shine, I love you more than you will ever know!  Never stop doing your best, and remember that I love you just how you are and thank God for you daily!

Then there's my little girl, Elaina...
 

My sweet, little 2 year old.  She lights up my life and teaches me so much about myself every day!  I love her curls, her smile, her hugs and her ability to love.  Laina Bug, you will never know how grateful I am that the Lord saw fit to give me one last little gift!  You know how to work my patience more than your brothers, but you also melt my heart.  I love you so very, very much!  I am so glad to be your mommy!

And I can't forget my crazy cat, Crush...
 

Our cat has come a long way from the runt of the litter she was when we got her.  She's been my companion since 2008.  I don't know what I'd do without her.  Crush, you may be an "allergy cat" and you may have your moments when you just want to be alone, but you always know when I need you.  You let me cuddle you when I'm sad or in need of a friend, and your warmth is so welcome on those Fibro days when cold is hurting me so!  Thank you for loving us, your "kittens", as much as we love you!

I know this post is long, but thank you for bearing with me and letting me share my blessings! :)  It did my heart a world of good!!

***

Your family may not be like mine.  You may have more or less than I have.  You may not have seen them in years.  You may have family that has hurt you.  You may be all alone in life.  

For those of you who have amazing families, I am so happy for you!  Tell them you love them!  Hug them!  Kiss them!  Enjoy them!  Time is fleeting faster than we like...

For those of you who have less than ideal families, I am so sorry, and I will pray that things will change!  Until then, let me "adopt" you into mine.  I am more than willing to lend an ear, offer up a prayer and give an encouraging word or offer a hug.  Feel free to email me or comment below at any time. :)  I'm here for you.

May you have an amazing day, and don't forget to comment or link-up your post to my "Twenty-Two Days of Thanks" page to let me know what you're thankful for today!  Thanks! :)



(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

6 comments:

  1. I love the idea of taking time each day to be grateful! It's so important to remember what's important. Stopping by from SITS : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I agree; it's important to keep our focus on what is important in life and never cease to be grateful. :) Have a great rest of your weekend!

      Delete
  2. Stopping in from SITS!

    Great post! We should always be grateful for all our blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca! Thank you so much for stopping by, too. I couldn't agree more! We never know how long we'll have those blessings, so it's good to be grateful for them while they are with us. :)

      Delete
  3. I love this post - so glad you linked it up. It's the perfect Caturday post - grateful plus a kitty!

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)