NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, November 5, 2012

Twenty-Two Days of Thanks: Day Five


What am I thankful for?
  1. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ
  2. My family
  3. My church
  4. My friends
  5. Unexpected opportunities
I am always amazed how doors always seem to open just at the right moment.  I guess I shouldn't be.  I've seen God work in amazing, unexpected ways before, but it still blows my mind when He chooses to bless me or use me in ways I wasn't expecting.  He truly delights in not only giving His children their needs but the desires of their hearts when we delight in Him (Psalm 37:4).
I've had a few unexpected opportunities recently that I'm especially grateful for. 
***
First on my list is this link-up.  I had no idea how it would go, I had no idea the response I would get, but God laid it on my heart, so I jumped in.  I knew that no matter how it turned out, I'd be glad I did it.  And you know what?  I'm already pleased with the response. :)  Thank you to everyone who has linked up or commented so far and who will in future.  What a blessing it has been to read what you all are grateful for!  I know it's done my spirit a world of good.

***
Secondly, I'm grateful for my two recent guest blogger opportunities!  For those of you who don't know, I was featured on Real Food, Allergy Free on last Friday, November 2nd, and on Glued To My Crafts today!



To Nancy of
You are an amazing woman!  I have loved your site from day one.  I consider you my mentor in a way.  To be featured on your site was a surreal moment and such a blessing.  Thank you so much!  I love linking up weekly to Allergy Free Wednesdays, and your site is such a great and helpful resource.  I am so glad I found you!  Keep up your amazing work!




To Stacey of

Thank you so much for letting me be a guest blogger today...and for letting me share so many recipes and ideas!  What an amazing opportunity!  You have always been so kind and helpful.  I count you a true friend. :)  I'm also glad to be a part of your newest addition, Thursdays Obsessions.  It's so much fun! :)
I hope to one day be able to get these amazing women to guest blog for me, along with some other amazing people I've met through the SITS Girls, Circle of Moms, Facebook groups, etc.  We will see how things go and if we can get that all worked out. :)  I know they would be a blessing to you!
***
Thirdly, I am grateful for every opportunity I have to touch someone's life and be a blessing.  I have had more opportunities to serve lately, from being co-Sunday School teachers with my husband to our young, single adults (Love the BBCCL SALt class!!), from being a part of our NBB program, to being able to help with Nursery when I am able to fill-in, to hostessing on Sunday nights once a month or so, to being a part of our Super Church program, to helping out at EHBC when I can....All these things have been such a blessing.  I guess the biggest reason they are a blessing is because I didn't know if I would physically be able to do them much due to my Fibromyalgia.  Now I can't do them all the time, BUT I can still do them...and a lot more often than I thought I could. :)  That makes me smile.
***
Each day that I can do something that I didn't expect to be able to do is a good day.  I wake up each day not knowing how much I'll be able to function, so I never expect to be able to do much.  For someone who is has a serious case of "helper" personality, that can be rough!  I count each day that I can do something, anything, for someone else in some capacity as an extra blessing from God.  I might not be able to do it exactly like I used to be able to do it, it might take me longer than normal, I might not get it all done in one shot, but if I can do any part of it, it's been a good day. :)  And even the days that I cannot, God allows me to see that, on those days, He's allowing someone else to be a blessing to me, so it's a win-win in my book. :)

***
What are you thankful for today?
Stop by my Twenty-Two Days of Thanks page (it's the bottom link in the left sidebar) and leave a comment or link-up a post that talks about something you're thankful for. I'd love to hear from you!
~May you have an amazing Monday!~

(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)