NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

{Guest Recipe} Coconut and Pineapple Smoothie (Soy, Fish, Wheat, Nut, Egg and Milk-Free)


Today is an exciting day here on
Natural and Free!

There's two reasons for my excitement:
First, I am pleased as punch to announce that I have my very first ever guest blogger today!  I'm so excited! :)

Stacey from Glued To My Crafts has graciously agreed to share a delicious and allergy-friendly smoothie recipe with us!  Make sure to leave her some comment love and check out her blog where she shares some amazing things that range from crafts to food to give-aways!  You won't be sorry!

Thank you for joining us today, Stacey!



Secondly, in just a few short weeks, Stacey and I are co-hosting a link-up together via InLinkz called "The 12 Days of Christmas Goodies"!  It's going to be an amazing and exciting time of all things Christmas here on Natural and Free and on Glued To My Crafts

Starting December 1st, we're going to have 12 amazing days of recipes and Christmas-crafting fun, and we're allowing you the chance to join us by linking up your amazing Christmas-related posts.  Then, on December 13th, we're going to be featuring our top 5 favorites from the link-up...and another Christmas surprise, but you'll have to wait for the details on that! :)  You won't want to miss out on all the fun, so mark your calendars, my friends, and get ready to join in all the merriment!

And now, without further adieu, I give you my dear, blogger-buddy, Stacey. :)

***

 
Hello everyone! I'm Stacey and I blog over at Glued To My Crafts. I'm a mother to a nearly two year old boy, who keeps me on my toes and inspires a lot of my posts. I'm also a wife to a wonderful man serving in the Air Force. I love cooking, crafting and inspiring. Ok, the last one is more of a "I hope I inspire you." My blog is mainly about life experiences, recipes and craft creations. Everything I post can we be recreated with simple, everyday items you probably already have in your house. Even though I'm a shopaholic, I'm all about saving money and using what you have already. I don't spend a lot to be crafty, and neither should you.

Today I want to share with you my Coconut and Pineapple Smoothie. It reminds me of a Pina Colada. You will hear me doing a lot of banana recipes on my blog, and this recipe is no exception. Bananas always seem to make it in my shopping cart. Mainly because the lil man goes through phases. One day he loves bananas, the next day, not so much. So I usually end up freezing the un-wanted bananas and making tons of smoothies later on. So far, no complaints in my house. This recipe involves only three ingredients and 5 minutes of your time. Plus it's top 8 free. (Note from Julie: Coconut is considered a tree nut by some, but I do not consider it as such nor label it as such.  If you are allergic to all tree nuts or are allergic to coconut, this recipe is NOT for you.)

Ingredients:
1 cup coconut milk
1 can of diced pineapple (drained)
2 frozen bananas
Throw it in your blender and blend away! Pour it in a pretty glass and top with some Cool Whip or whipped cream (Note from Julie: For an allergy-friendly whipped cream, use my recipe here.  If you need a dairy-free version of whipped cream, try this recipe here.).  And don't forget the straw. ;)
Thank you, Julie, for letting me join you on your blog today. I'm so happy I got this opportunity.  I hope your readers enjoy this recipe and also were inspired to check out my blog.
Come get unstuck with me!
-Stacey
 ***
You can connect with Stacey at the following locations:
Pinterest

***

Thanks again for joining us, Stacey!

Here's your badge, if you'd like to use it.

 

(This recipe was originally posted on my original site, Natural and Free.)

12 comments:

  1. That looks AWESOME! And so easy! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The easier the better. I think my son has formed a habit that when he sees the food processor come out, he gets his spoon ready lol

      Delete
  2. Popped in form SITS! This sounds delicious and so healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds absolutely delicious. I'm always happy when I found new ideas for smoothies. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks FANTASTIC! It looks simple enough that even I can do it, too! (which is a miracle!!) I'm definitely trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you to all who have left such wonderful comment love for Stacey! :) I have personally tried this smoothie and, let me tell you, it DOES taste as good as it looks! I even bought coconut milk to have on hand ESPECIALLY for this recipe! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does look easy - although I'm not the biggest fan of smoothies myself, The texture is a little bit too creamy for me usually (I am a bit weird, I know!)

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  7. This smoothie sounds great! I think my little "monkeys" would enjoy it, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, if my son likes it, your children will too! I have the pickiest eater I think. Goldfish is the only thing he will eat these days

      -Stacey from Gluedtomycrafts

      Delete
  8. Just 3 indgrediants and it sounds so yummy! I might have to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We make this a lot in our home. The 3 ingredients is what sold me on it. Hope you gave it a try and liked it

      -Stacey from Gluedtomycrafts

      Delete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)