NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Twenty-Two Days of Thanks: Day Eighteen

What am I thankful for?
  1. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ
  2. My family
  3. My church
  4. My friends
  5. Unexpected opportunities
  6. My country
  7. The four seasons
  8. Answered prayer
  9. Food
  10. Forgiveness
  11. Freedom
  12. Laughter
  13. Modern medicine
  14. Technology
  15. Quiet moments
  16. Dates
  17. Hunting season
  18. Special music
 Image courtesy of Salvatore Vuono / FreeDigitalPhotos.net


I'm speaking of the special music at our church.  It is always such a blessing to me.  No matter if it's someone playing a piano solo or a group of instruments playing during the offertory or someone or a group of someones singing a song before the preaching, it's always a blessing.  It doesn't have to be preformed perfectly, either.  It doesn't matter if it's in tune, off key or if there are a dozen mess-ups; special music thrills my heart because the person or persons preforming it are doing it to praise the Lord.  How much more beautiful can it get than that?  A sincere heart always makes me smile.
There are also the times, like today, where the song choice resonates so deeply in my soul, I find myself fighting off the tears.  Those are the days that I stand in awe that God would lay a song on someone else's heart that speaks volumes to mine.  What an amazing God we serve!
To anyone who has ever sung a special at church or played an instrument to honor the Lord: Thank you!  You have blessed my heart more than you'll ever know!  Thank you for letting God use you in this way!
I will end this post with the lyrics to the song our Pastor and his family sang today.  I hope it touches your heart like it did mine.  I could definitely say, "Amen!  I feel the same way!" to it.

Verse 1

Lately I've been looking back, along this winding road
To the old familiar markers of the mercies I have known
I know it may sound simple but it's more than a cliche
There's no better way to tell you, than to say

Chorus

God's been good in my life
I feel blessed beyond my wildest dreams when I go to sleep each night
And though I've had my share of hard times, I wouldn't change them if I could
'Cause through it all, God's been good

Verse 2

Times replay and I can see that I've cried some bitter tears
But I felt His arms around me, as I faced my greatest fears
You see I've had my gains than losses and I've known more joy than hurt
As His grace rolled down upon me undeserved

Chorus

Bridge

For God has been my Father, my Savior and my Friend
His love was my beginning, and His love will be my end
I could spend forever trying to tell you everything He is
But the best that I can say it is this

Chorus

Have an amazing Sunday!



~ What  makes you feel
"blessed beyond my wildest dreams" today? ~

Share your story below or link it up on my Twenty-Two Days of Thanks page (it's the bottom link in the left sidebar). I'd love to hear from you!


(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)