NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Twenty-Two Days of Thanks: Day Seven


What am I thankful for?
  1. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ
  2. My family
  3. My church
  4. My friends
  5. Unexpected opportunities
  6. My country
  7. The four seasons
Today I'm grateful for the four seasons...
My favorite season by far is Autumn.
Autumn

 I don't think you can beat its beauty, but that's not all Autumn has to offer.  Besides the splendor of colors, there's the cool temperatures, sweaters, cuddling in blankets by a fire or with each other, crisp apples, warm apple cider, pumpkin muffins, crunching leaves beneath your feet, hay rides, harvest...There is nothing better than Autumn to me.  It's a thankful time of year, too, and that cheers my heart.  I do so much reflecting, praising and rejoicing in Autumn.  I look forward to it every year.
***
Runner-up for me is probably Summer.

Summer
It's the out-of-school-time-with-all-my-kiddos time of year.  There's sunsets at the beach, building sand castles, swimming, Independence Day, lots of get-togethers with friends and family alike, lazy summer days with no plans...What's not to love?  It is the time of year that I can watch my kids play and laugh, and I just smile.  It makes my day to see them enjoying life so very much.
***
Then there's Spring.
Spring
What a gorgeous time of year with the flowers blooming!  There's also other forms of new life with baby animals abounding.  You can open up the house and let in the fresh, clean air.  The snow is melting, giving way to new, green grass and other plant-life.  There is the sense of "beginning" that comes with Spring.  It is my time of year to make changes, even more than New Year's.  It's my time to make new commitments or renew them.  I love that.

***
Lastly, there's Winter.

Winter

This is a time of white and grey and cold.  It's beautiful in its severity.  It amazes me how the world transforms under a blanket of snow and ice.  And this is also the time for Christmas, New Year's and Valentine's.  It reminds me of family and friends, those with us and those who have left this world or who cannot be with us.  It makes me nostalgic.  It makes me grateful for what and who I have in my life.  I also enjoy watching my kids play in the snow or building a snowman with them or having a snowball fight.  I think the best part, though, is the hot chocolate afterwards. :)
***

Every season is a gift from God.  He didn't have to make the seasons.  We could have the same weather and scenery day after day, but we don't.  We have Autumn and it's glorious colors, Summer in it's heat and gaiety, Spring in it's floral coat and Winter in it's wonderland of ice and snow.  I wouldn't trade them for anything, no matter how much I forget it in the midst of a heat wave, rain storm, raking leaves or blizzard. :)
Thank You, Lord, for giving us the seasons.  They are such a blessing and a wonder!  Thank You for never letting us have a dull moment!
~ What's your favorite season? ~

Also, if you have a moment, please stop by my Twenty-Two Days of Thanks page (it's the bottom link in the left sidebar) and leave a comment or link-up a post that talks about something you're thankful for. I'd love to hear from you!


(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

2 comments:

  1. I love how you are making a list, adding to it each day.

    Have to say I love the changing seasons, too.

    Thanks for linking up last week; hope you come back this week to link up again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) I'm enjoying this link-up. It keeps me focused on the positive.

      I'm glad I'm not alone in my love of the seasons. :) My brother lives where there are just 2 (Ghana, West Africa), and I know they miss having all 4 and enjoy them immensely when they come to the States on furlow.

      Thanks for stopping by and for the comment! I am looking forward to linking up again. Thank you. :)

      Delete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)