NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Twenty-Two Days of Thanks: Day Twenty-Two

What am I thankful for?
  1. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ
  2. My family
  3. My church
  4. My friends
  5. Unexpected opportunities
  6. My country
  7. The four seasons
  8. Answered prayer
  9. Food
  10. Forgiveness
  11. Freedom
  12. Laughter
  13. Modern medicine
  14. Technology
  15. Quiet moments
  16. Dates
  17. Hunting season
  18. Special music
  19. The Bible
  20. Thanksgiving
  21. Fibromyalgia
  22. Surprises
I am so excited to post this today!  I've been keeping this secret in for days now, but couldn't post it because there was a risk someone (i.e. my mom or someone who would tell her) would read this and spoil the surprise.  Anyway, here it is:

My Granny is here!


We haven't spent a holiday with her since before the above picture was taken about 2 years ago at this time, if memory serves, and it has been about a year since we saw her last.  I've missed her!  I cannot wait to give her a big hug and kiss when I see her in a few hours. :)
My sister told me about a week or so ago she was going to try to get her here, and then a few days ago my sister called to tell me she was going to get her.  I was so excited, but had to keep it a secret because my kiddos and mother didn't know (my kiddos find out today, but they don't read this, so I can say it here now. :) ).  This is definitely the best kind of surprise! :)
I'm not always a fan of surprises, well, ones I know are coming.  Like I don't like the surprise of a roller coaster drop or the surprise of having to wait to know the gender of a baby I'm carrying (yes, I found out for each one), but other surprises - ones like this- I love dearly!
I love when God provides in ways you never dreamed possible.  Like the time, Christmas of 2010, when we got so many unexpected blessings from presents for the kiddos,



to a wanted "room tree" for the boys,














to a LEGO Advent Calendar,



to money that helped with so many different needs and wants.














God is amazingly good!
I am also so grateful for surprises that aren't even my own.  I've heard of so many people expecting who never dreamed to be in the last few months, who have prayed for and/or desired more children but didn't think it possible.  I have also have friends and family celebrating the holidays for the first time with new babies, and my cousin has made it to 36 weeks today which is a huge blessing and a wonderful surprise since they didn't expect her to make it this far!  All of that makes me want to shout for joy! :)
To surprises: Though I may not be fond of all your tricks and secrets, I can say that most times you make me feel blessed beyond words.  Thank you for letting God use you in the form of modern miracles.  Thank you for making my Thanksgiving (with the help of my sister - Thank you, Lynette!  I love you!!) just that much more amazing!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  May it be a truly magnificent, surprisingly wonderful day!



~ What surprises are you grateful for today? ~

Share your story below or link it up on my Twenty-Two Days of Thanks page (it's the bottom link in the left sidebar). I'd love to hear from you!


(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

15 comments:

  1. I LOVE surprises of when family drops by and you didn't think they'd be there. I just heard of a dad and his son paying the flight for the sister to come home from college to surprise the mom. Just brings tears to my eyes as I think of the joy at their home, and at yours with your Gram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! I'm so glad you stopped by and shared! I hope you all have a wonderful time!

      Delete
  2. I am grateful today for all of my lovely Birthday treats and gifts - I blogged all about it today :)

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday! :) I'll have to stop by and check it all out! :)

      Thanks for stopping by and for commenting!

      Delete
  3. So much to be thankful for and wow, how awesome is it for your grandmother to be there! Hope you had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, we have had a blast, thank you! :) She leaves today and that makes me a little sad, but I'm grateful she got to come! Going to try to get in lots of pictures today!

      Delete
    2. Oh, and thank you for stopping by and for the comment! :) I appreciate it!

      Delete
  4. Those are wonderful surprises! I have to say, I'm usually not a big fan of surprises, but every once in a while, they are good! Especially the one about your grandma coming! Enjoy the time you spend with her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, surprises can be not-so-fun, but these are definitely the best kind! We've been having a great time, and we're so grateful to have it!

      Thanks for stopping by and for the comment!

      Delete
  5. What a PERFECT surprise! :) SO happy for you! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) It was a wonderful surprise!

      Thanks for stopping by and for commenting.

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful surprise!
    Have to agree, surprises can be a wonderful blessing for all involved!






    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! :)

      Thanks for stopping by and for commenting.

      Delete
  7. I love your thankful post - it's brilliant :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)