NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Twenty-Two Days of Thanks: Day Twenty

What am I thankful for?
  1. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ
  2. My family
  3. My church
  4. My friends
  5. Unexpected opportunities
  6. My country
  7. The four seasons
  8. Answered prayer
  9. Food
  10. Forgiveness
  11. Freedom
  12. Laughter
  13. Modern medicine
  14. Technology
  15. Quiet moments
  16. Dates
  17. Hunting season
  18. Special music
  19. The Bible
  20. Thanksgiving
Image courtesy of debspoons / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

I am thankful for the very holiday that reminds us to be grateful.  It's very name contains the philosophy: Thanks-giving.  I suppose that's why I get a little upset when I see stores ignore it (Christmas decor was out the end of August some places this year, but little to no Thanksgiving decor could be found in most places even in November!) or when I see Christmas decor go up before Thanksgiving has even passed, though I can understand why some do (i.e. trying to do it before the nasty weather hits, leaving on vacation and want it done for when they get back), and I try not to judge.  I guess I'm always a little concerned that people are too eager to ignore the importance of giving thanks in lieu of the more popular things like getting presents.  That makes me cringe just to think about.
Anyway, this year, I am determined to savor every moment of Thanksgiving, hence the reason I did this link-up.  I'm going to enjoy dwelling on what I'm grateful for.  I'm going to relish the family time.  I'm going to breathe in every bit of gratitude I can and find a way to keep Thanksgiving in my heart every day, not just yearly on the fourth Thursday in November.
To our forefathers: Thank you for realizing the need to give thanks.  Thank you for realizing we must set aside time to remember all that we are blessed with.  Thank you for setting aside time for us to focus on the fact that we have so very much to be grateful for.  May we never brush this holiday aside as "pointless", because (to me) it is one of the most important holidays of the year!

To close out this post, I'm going to leave you with a link: An Organic Thanksgiving.  This is a link to a re-post my sister-in-law put up that you simply must take a moment to read.  It will definitely make you smile! :)






~ What are you grateful for today? ~

Share your story below or link it up on my Twenty-Two Days of Thanks page (it's the bottom link in the left sidebar). I'd love to hear from you!



(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)