NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Back-To-School Link-Up {Day 8}: Chris's "Dear Teacher..." Letter {Post Highlight}


Today is the eighth day of my back-to-school link-up.  If you haven't gotten a chance to check out all the posts that have been shared and/or linked up yet, please do so today!   Remember, at the end of this link-up, I will be highlighting some of my favorites from posts YOU have linked up!  You don't want to miss out! :)

Here is what has been shared so far:

  1. Stacey's Turkey, Cheese and Salsa Wraps (Fish, Egg and Nut-Free, Can Be Milk, Soy and Wheat-Free)
  2. Christy's "Additive-Free" Lunch Box Ideas for Kids
  3. Cindy's Back-To-School Tip: Medical Alert Wristbands
  4. Jennifer's Tips On How To Keep Your Child With Allergies/Asthma Safe At School
  5. Jo's Tips On Bringing Treats To School From A Teacher's Perspective
  6. Lisa & Ashley's Back-To-School Dose Of Reality Style!
  7. Lauren's List Of Hidden Allergens In School Supplies
Today, I am once again closing comments here and highlighting a post from TheMomCafe.com by my dear friend Chris (with her permission).
 
~*~*~*~

Chris Carter is a SAHM of two pretty amazing grade school kids.  She has been writing at TheMomCafe.com for almost three years, where she hopes to encourage mothers everywhere through her humor, inspiration and faith.

The post that I am highlighting today is called "Dear Teacher...", and it will definitely touch your Mommy (and Daddy) heart...Especially with lines like this:

"Your role is significant as it will either propel my kids forward, or pull them back.  Much of their life will revolve around you.  Your character will resonate in them, and your values will slowly slip into their hearts as they watch you and learn from you each day.  Your words, your manners, your voice and your message will constantly penetrate their existence.  You will be at the center of their lives, during a time of critical development and growth.  Oh, how fragile a child’s spirit is…"
I know this is not necessarily an "allergy" or "foodie" post, but I think it will still resonant in the heart of all parents, especially those whose kids have food allergies or special needs, dietary or otherwise.  Why?  Because the person who cares for our kids most while they are away at school are their teachers...and we need them to understand that we have entrusted our children to them, which is what this post talks about first and foremost.  It is that caring, that trust, that relationship that leads to change that keeps every child safe in all areas, including medically.   I believe it is the first and most important step to raising awareness.  Make them realize, let them see their impact and they will eventually rise to the occasion more often than not.  These are the reasons I found this post an invaluable one for all.


To read the full post, follow this link:



It is worth your time, and be prepared to have your heart touched and have some tissues handy, too!

(And don't forget to leave Chris some comment love there, too!)


~*~*~*~

 You can connect with Chris at the following locations:


TheMomCafe.com

Facebook

~*~*~*~
Thanks for letting me highlight your post today, Chris! 

Here is your badge if you'd like to use it:


~*~*~*~
Before you go, take a moment to link-up and/or view the posts already linked up!  Thanks!


 ~*~ Now It's Your Turn! ~*~

 
~*~ Grab A Badge! ~*~

 



(This post was originally posted on my original site, Natural and Free.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)