NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, July 22, 2019

Weekly Weigh In: Week 5, July 22, 2019

I have decided to do a new feature that will run at least through the summer, but possibly longer.  It will go live every Monday, and it will be a weigh in that will share how I'm doing health-wise.  This will not replace My Quarterly Report, but I do think it will give me more accountability with my health.

Here is my fifth weigh in:

1. The Selfie: The selfie is me as of today, July 22, 2019.  

2. Weight: I am happy to report that I have lost another pound!  I am pretty sure I will not meet the goal I have set for myself for this quarter, but I'm going to give it my best shot!  I have discovered, too, that high heat and humidity causes me to really pack on the pounds (I gained 5 lbs. overnight during our recent heat wave!).  That is very frustrating, but I'm determined to keep working at finding a water-retention solution that works for me.  Drinking a bit more water helps some, and so does green tea, but I need to do something else.  Several years ago, I used to take Alfalfa supplements for water retention, so I may try that again.  We shall see! 

3. Health News: I was able to walk an average of over 7,000 steps a day last week, and I'm thrilled about that considering we had some scorchers to end the week.  This week is supposed to be a lot milder, so I'm hoping to keep up the step count trend, and hope to do even more walking.  Honestly, I find a good, long walk extremely relaxing, and I even enjoying doing them multiple times a day if I can.  I wish I thought that about all forms of exercise. :)  I know that sooner or later I'm going to have to think about some toning exercises, so I'll have to make friends with those.  Believe it or not, there was a time when I did a variety of exercises daily.  I didn't see weight loss benefit at all from that sort of exercise, but I will admit that it did help with toning.  We'll see what I end up doing, but I probably won't add anything just yet to the walking.  I'll keep you posted!

4. Diet News:  So, I didn't do extremely awesome with eating more protein overall, BUT I did do well with portion control more often than not.  That's a wonderful thing in my book!  I'm still going to work on portion control, making less processed choices and aiming at more protein and natural foods vs. carbs and junk.  Wish me luck!

5. Other News: This week is going to be less busy in a lot of ways (we are still going to be helping my dad as he continues to recover, but it will definitely be less busy overall), but next week is going to be a whirlwind.  I'm going to do my best to enjoy this lull. :)  I am also trying to get a routine in place when it comes to housework, chores, shopping, etc.  We have some projects that we need to get done, and that just won't happen without more of a plan.  Don't get me wrong - I am a planner and we keep things pretty organized already, but there are some things that just need some fine tuning.  Also, we are at that stage in our lives where the more organized we are and the more we have planned out, the better! :)  Wish me luck, and prayers appreciated!  Thanks!

How are you doing?  Do you have anything you want to weigh in with?  Any health progress or goals you want to share?  If so, please leave a comment below (with a link to your post, if you have one and wish to leave it), and I'll respond ASAP.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)