NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, July 15, 2019

Weekly Weigh In: Week 4, July 15, 2019

I have decided to do a new feature that will run at least through the summer, but possibly longer.  It will go live every Monday, and it will be a weigh in that will share how I'm doing health-wise.  This will not replace My Quarterly Report, but I do think it will give me more accountability with my health.

Here is my fourth weigh in:

1. The Selfie: The selfie is me as of today, July 15, 2019.  

2. Weight: Not only did I lose the weight that I'd gained, but an additional pound to boot!  I am so glad to have lost 2 lbs.!  I still have many more to go, but I'm thrilled!  I do not expect this to be the norm (I am aiming to lose about a pound a week), but I'll take the weight loss as it comes.

3. Health News: I was able to walk an average of over 6,000 steps a day again last week.  I am not sure the weather will cooperate with that goal, but I'll do my best!  I know that part of my weight loss success over the last week had to do with staying busy (I tend to eat when I'm bored, and I'm trying to break that habit), so I'm going to keep that in mind.  I always feel better when I'm active more than sedentary, so that is what I'm going to really focus on this next week - keeping busy and really striving to not give in to laziness and procrastination.  That is not always easy, but I do believe it is necessary!

4. Diet News:  Well, I did try to eat more protein, and I did overall, but I did still eat more carbs than I probably should.  That being said, I did find myself making better choices overall in regards to less processed food.  For now, and my goal for next week, is to choose less processed overall and aim at choosing protein or all natural (think veggies and fruits vs. chips as a snack) whenever possible.  We'll see how I do.  Old habits die hard, and changing the way you eat without resorting to fade diets that only last so long and result in weight gain the day you get away from them is doubly hard.  I am striving for life-long changes, not quick fixes, so I know this will be a long process, but some great change once it all clicks into place. :)

5. Other News: I greatly appreciate all of you who have been praying for me and mine.  My dad's knee surgery went really well, and he is recovering wonderfully.  He is starting to get bored already (he is normally a very active man), so please pray that he doesn't do too much too soon and undo what the surgeon has done.  Thank you!  He still will need a total knee replacement in future, but he has definitely bought himself some time in that department by having this surgery, and we are grateful for it.  Also, my husband is doing much better and so am I.  I am tired from helping out at my folks all last week along with taking care of my own home and all the other things we had going on, but it's a good tired, if that makes sense.  We still have a very busy few weeks left before there's a noticeable lull in all the action, but that's probably a good thing.  It's better to be busy than bored for sure!

How are you doing?  Do you have anything you want to weigh in with?  Any health progress or goals you want to share?  If so, please leave a comment below (with a link to your post, if you have one and wish to leave it), and I'll respond ASAP.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)