NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, April 6, 2019

My Quarterly Report: Second Quarter 2019

It is time for my second quarterly report of 2019.  On the first Saturday in January, April, August and December, I will be posting a quarterly report of how I am doing in regards to meeting my goals, and what my goals for the upcoming quarter will be.

If you want to share a post that has to do with meeting personal goals, just leave a comment below with a link to your goal-related post, and I'll pop over and visit it and leave a comment, and hopefully some of my other readers will, too. :)  

Here is my second quarterly report:




How I did on last quarter's goals:

Goal #1: Lose some weight by April 6, 2019.
I did not meet this goal, much to my chagrin. This last quarter was a roller coaster ride for me weight-wise.  I did not do well, and it was frustrating!  I'd lose, then gain, lose, then gain, repeat!  It drove me nuts!  I topped out at 212 lbs. in March, so I am glad that I have lost 5 lbs. since then, but upset that I gained nearly 10 lbs. to begin with.  I know part of the problem is not being able to take a water pill to help with water retention, but I also know that I need to eat better and exercise more often.  Now that the weather is getting better, exercise should be easier. 

Goal #2: Eat more foods that benefit.
I think this was about a 50/50 thing.  Some weeks I'd do great, and others - not so much.  I will probably keep this as a goal for this next quarter as I think it is something I definitely need to keep working on.

 Goal #3: Drink 9+ Cups of water per day.
I did accomplish this, but some days were harder than others.  I have no idea why this has been more of a struggle lately, but I will keep plugging away at this.

Goal #4: Drink some green and herbal teas daily.
I didn't normally drink both teas daily, but I always had green tea daily.  I am going to keep working on this, too.

Goal #5: Get some form of physical activity daily.
I normally got some form of physical activity daily, but some days were next to none.  I am hoping to improve this, as I know I need to be more active.

Goal #6: Read more.
I am reading daily, but not really for pleasure, so I would say I didn't really reach this goal.  It is something I will keep working on, though.


This Quarter's Goals:
  1. I want to lose some weight.  I didn't set a weight loss amount again, but I do want to at least start losing vs. gaining or staying at the same weight.  I know it will take more effort on my part, but I am confident I will get there!
      
  2. I want to eat right and for the right reasons.  I decided to modify last quarter's  goal slightly because I know my eating habits need work.  I can be an emotional eater, and I tend to eat things because "it's there" at times.  I sometimes go for the ready-made option because I am not in the mood to make a meal or because I think it may be less calories than the homemade version.  Here's the thing: I am beginning to remember why counting calories doesn't work for me.  I really believe not all calories are created equal.  We would all agree that eating, say, a 100 calorie banana is better than eating a 50 calorie banana muffin, but yet we still convince ourselves that the muffin is better because it has less calories.  We forget that it also has more additives and man-made stuff.  Anyway, to simplify put my goal: I want to eat more natural/less carb-y foods (less preservatives, sugar, man-made additives, etc.), and work on only eating when I'm truly hungry.
      
  3. I want to continue to drink 9+ Cups of water per day.  This may end up being one of those "always on the list" goals.  I know drinking enough water is essential to my health, so I want to always make sure it is a priority.  I am perplexed why I struggle with this at times because it should definitely be a habit by now (I've done it for several years), but yet it is still hard at times.  Anyway, I know with the warmer weather coming up, this is especially essential.
      
  4. I want to drink some green tea and herbal tea daily.  I have noticed that when I drink green tea, I do have an easier time losing my water retention and weight in general.  I also know that herbal teas greatly help me when I am feeling unwell, and sometimes they help curb my appetite.  I feel like I have the green tea part of this goal down, but I really want to make it a habit, and I really do want to drink herbal teas that benefit me, too.  I am thinking I will start with trying to drink peppermint or my ginger peach tea in the evening to help with digestion.  I have a few others, too (this brand namely), that I want to start being my go-to when I am having issues that the tea is supposed to help with.  Wish me luck!
      
  5. I want to get some form of physical activity daily.  This goal should be a lot easier now that the weather is getting better.  I try to take the kiddos on a walk with me after they are done with their school work, and then get at least one more in later in the day.  We love to hike, so I am going to request to do that more during the spring/summer.  My family loves to go to the beach, and sometimes I forego going because I am not a fan of swimming.  I think I'm going to work on going anyway, even if it is just to go wading or walk the beach.  It'll be good for me!  We'll see how it goes!
      
  6. I want to read more.  I really want to read for pleasure more.  Truly.  I do miss it.  I have told myself that I don't have the time for so long that I have made myself believe it.  Truth is, I do have the time, I just need to make reading a priority.  Wish me luck!  I have a plethora of Mary Higgins Clark's to read (and several other mysteries), and I think it really is time I dive into them again.

That's about it for now.  How are you doing?  Are you reaching your goals?  Have you tried something new?  Come up with a new recipe?  I hope all is going well with you, and I hope you will leave a comment sharing your thoughts and/or goals (with a link to your post, if you wish).  As always, I wish you the best of luck in all you do, and hope you will return soon! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)