NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, July 8, 2019

Weekly Weigh In: Week 3, July 8, 2019

I have decided to do a new feature that will run at least through the summer, but possibly longer.  It will go live every Monday, and it will be a weigh in that will share how I'm doing health-wise.  This will not replace My Quarterly Report, but I do think it will give me more accountability with my health.

Here is my third weigh in:

1. The Selfie: The selfie is me as of today, July 8, 2019.  

2. Weight: I am a bit bummed to report that I gained back the pound that I lost, but I am glad it was just that and not more.  Too many carbs this last week (along with not feeling well that kept me down more than I wanted to be) played into this, I'm sure.  I am not going to give up, though.  I'll keep trying on improving my lifestyle choices, and eventually I will be where I want to be. :)

3. Health News: I was able to walk an average of over 6,000 steps a day last week.  I hope to do the same this week.  It's going to be insanely busy, so we'll see if I can accomplish this.  I am also fighting a lot of congestion (with 99-range temp off an on, which is high for me as I'm normally 96 to low 97-range), so that's making all I have this week to do feel a little more daunting.  I'm sure I'll get through it, just I'd like to get through it with a smile. :)  Prayers and thoughts appreciated, please and thank you!

4. Diet News:  Though I did meet my goal of avoiding the coffee creamer (yay!), I didn't avoid the carbs like I'd hoped (boo!).  My goal this week is to eat more protein-based overall.  I think this will help with the weight issue.  We shall see!  After I make this more habit, my goal is to eat less and less processed (on the whole), but this will take time.  Wish me luck!

5. Other News: So, this week we have our tent meetings at church nightly, Monday - Thursday, my Dad is having knee surgery on Wednesday, my boys and hubby are doing their lawn-care job on Friday, and on Saturday and Sunday there is normal, busy weekend stuff that includes church visitation and church services.  I am not sure how involved I will be with helping my Dad out, but I have made myself available as needed.  Please pray that his surgery goes well, and that there will not be any complications.  I get my Factor V Leiden from him, and he's had blood clots before, so we naturally will be praying that doesn't become an issue.  His surgery is supposed to be outpatient (arthroscopic to repair a meniscus tear, clean up some other issues and repair anything else they can that way to hopefully buy some years before he will need a full knee replacement), so the surgery should be relatively minor with easier and quicker recovery.   Anyway, we appreciate your prayers that all goes well, that he has a smooth recovery, and that he (and the rest of us) stays/get healthy (I don't believe any of us has anything contagious - horrible allergies are most likely - but my hubby is on an antibiotic and steroids for his asthma/congestion since he's had it for a month).  Thanks!

How are you doing?  Do you have anything you want to weigh in with?  Any health progress or goals you want to share?  If so, please leave a comment below (with a link to your post, if you have one and wish to leave it), and I'll respond ASAP.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)