NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, March 16, 2020

Weekly Weigh In 2020: Week 11, March 16, 2020

Weekly Weigh In will go live every Monday, and it will share how I'm doing health-wise, and it will give me more accountability with my health.


Here is my eleventh weigh in of 2020:

1. The Selfie: The selfie is me as of today, March 16, 2020.
   
  
2. Weight: My weight went down a pound.  However, I did get a new scale which says my weight is more than I thought it was...by nearly 10 lbs  (Old scale said 211; new scale says 220)!  That was a bit disheartening.  That being said, I am starting my new weight loss journey/record from today onward using my new scale and weight.  My first goal is to be under 215.

3. Health News: I averaged just over 7,200 steps per day again last week.  I am hoping to get at least my 6,000 steps per day average this week, and will do so as long as I can be out and about.  With the current COVID-19 restrictions along with the potential for some bad weather later in the week, I'm not sure I'll get out much.  Thankfully, we live in a small town, so I know places where we can walk without coming into direct contact with others.

Migraines and insomnia are still improving.  It is my hope that they continue to improve this week, too.  We'll see how it goes.

In order to keep our immune systems boosted, we'll be taking Zinc and Elderberry for at least the next few weeks.  They definitely seem to be helping us with the normal blahs we tend to feel this time of year due to allergies and such.

4. Diet News:  My diet is still improving bit by bit.  The new tracker app I downloaded to help me eat better (less processed and more natural) is helping.  At least it is helping me see fruits and veggies as "free" foods vs. foods that are higher in calorie than certain processed foods.  I think that mindset change is a good one!

5. Other News: Please continue to pray for my middle kid.  For about 5 and a half months now, he has been dealing with an unknown health issue.  He has basically made no real major changes, and he has good (and I don't mean symptom-free, just more mild symptoms) days and bad days.  If you'd like a current update/rundown on his condition, you can click here.

As to our week, school as usual (because we homeschool), my daughter gets her x-ray on her wrist/arm tomorrow, my oldest is supposed to have piano lessons (assuming everyone is well and his teacher still wants to do them), and that's pretty much it.  We don't have plans due to all the restrictions in place in our state, but I'm sure we'll get out for a walk when we can (in areas there are no people).  Any grocery shopping we need to do will probably be done by me or my husband, and only what we absolutely need to go get.  

{Just a quick note here: If you are fighting the Coronavirus, you are in my prayers!  If you are not sick but are facing quarantine, you are in my prayers!  If you are not sick but are being asked to stay home as much as possible (I'm pretty sure that's most, if not all, of the US and some or even a lot of other countries), please comply how you can and know that you, too, are in my prayers!  

This is a hard time for our world, but this time will pass.  When it passes, how will you be remembered for how you handled this time?  Be caring, considerate, compassionate, patient, and understanding.  You may think the rules in place are excessive - they may be - but they are in place to keep people safe and slow the spread so that we don't overwhelm our health care systems.  Don't just go crazy and shirk the rules because you disagree with them and feel fine.  Be a good citizen, consider your neighbors, and do what is asked of you.  Keep your hands clean, and stay safe, everyone!}

How are you doing?  Do you have anything you want to weigh in with?  Any health progress or goals you want to share?  If so, please leave a comment below (with a link to your post, if you have one and wish to leave it), and I'll respond ASAP.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)