NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Unspoken Request...


The photo above was taken last winter or the year before, if memory serves.  It was an unexpectedly beautiful winter day, albeit very cold.  It was perfect winter picture taking weather, and I was more than happy to oblige! :)
Looking back on this picture, I can't help but think that I never expected the opportunity to arise to take such a picture in the middle of winter.  Winter tends to be bleak and cold, but there are times when it is breath-takingly beautiful, too.  In the same vein, it seems like, just when we have it all figured out, life throws a curve ball and we enter into new and unexpected territory.  Though it is different, though it is new, though it may be scary, it does not have to be bad.  We can choose to trust God and rest in the beauty and safety of that trust, believing that He knows what is best.
I am not one to think that God causes bad things.  I believe that He permits them, but He does not cause them nor does He like them.  I cannot begin to fathom the mind of an all-knowing, all-powerful, everywhere-present God, nor do I envy Him His job - I know I wouldn't want it.  I believe He sees the mess we put ourselves in and weeps over it, aches for us, just like a parent does when they see their child in the midst of a mess they made themselves and know that they must learn through their mistakes because they chose not to listen to our advice.  I believe that when horrible things happen, He still wants to be near us, help us through it all, but He waits for us to come to Him.  Just like a parent is not responsible for a child going wayward and doing horrible things despite the parents' best efforts, just like a parent does not condone bad behavior but yet corrects it and loves their child through it, so God does with us.  He does the best He can to help us fix it, just like we do with our children, when we come to Him asking for forgiveness and help. 
I also think He sees us in the midst of hurt not of our own doing, not out of sin, hurt everyone faces in some form (i.e. death, illness, injury), and longs to hold us in His arms and comfort us through it.  I also know that He knows the future, so He knows how any of these events will shape our lives, and He can show us which way to go along the path that is our life so that we receive the best outcome...if we will just listen to His leading.  He even knows if the hurt will turn out to be a mixed blessing or not, kinda like my Fibromyalgia, and He knows every outcome in general, so there is no reason to fear the unknowns in life either.
Anyway, I'm a bit off track, but I've said all that to say this: I am in the midst of something right now that I will leave unspoken for the time being (and no, it's not a sin issue, but it is deeply personal) that I know that God knew about before the beginning of time.  It is something that will forever change me, but it is beyond my power, no matter the outcome.  I would ask that you pray for me, please.  I have asked for God's peace and wisdom, and He gives it, but I still fear the unknown.  It is human to do so, but I am asking for Divine.  I want to rest and trust in God and know that He is good, not just in my head, but in my heart, too.  Thank you.
I will tell you all about the unspoken when it is the right time, but now is not that time.  I only mention it because I feel compelled by the Lord to do so, and I try to always listen to that prompting.  It serves me best to do so. :)  I hope you all understand, but it's ok if you don't.
Anyway, I also feel lead to ask if there is anything I can pray for you about today?  Anything heavy on your heart?  Anything causing you pain?  Grief?  Joy?  Anything unexpected that you want someone to help you pray about?  You don't have to tell me specifics and you don't have to comment publicly either.  You can leave an anonymous comment or email me, if you wish, or even be silent.  Know this, though, that I pray for you, dear reader.  You are always on my heart and mind.
May you have a blessed day and feel the peace and power of God in your life today!



(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Julie! I'll be thinking about you and praying for you, my friend. --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! I appreciate it so very much! That you took the time to stop by and comment means the world to me.

      Delete
  2. Sending prayers, and love, and light your way. The picture is stunning ... and yes, in the middle of winter there can also be light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Justine! And yes, even in winter the sun can come out...and that makes it all the more welcome and beautiful, does it not?

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Oh, Julie, I hope that your heart felt a little lighter after writing this! I believe the same things about God that you do...I'll pray that He gives you the comfort that you need right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ginny Marie, it did! How insightful of you to know that! :) God is giving peace when I accept it, if that makes sense. I know all will be well, no matter what, because God is with me to help me through anything, good, bad or otherwise, but sometimes I stray from that knowledge. It helps to know there are people out there praying, that's for sure! :)

      Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a touching comment. You have proven yourself a true friend, and I am so grateful for it! :)

      Delete
  4. {Melinda} Since I became a parent, I better understand how God works in my (His child's) life. I may not like it, but it gives me a much better, long-term perspective when I'm facing difficult trials that I can't comprehend and can't see the purpose or ending of.

    I will definitely be praying for you, Julie. Praying right now, in fact. I face a difficult chronic health issue that I could use prayers for when you think of it. Blessings to you today, friend. May God comfort you and give you "peace that passes all understanding."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Melinda! I will definitely be praying for you, too! Chronic health issues are the worst! You never know when you'll have a good day or a bad day. I pray that your days are more of the first type! :)

      I know what you mean about becoming a parent and understanding God more. I feel the same way. Opens your eyes, doesn't it? It's so humbling and illuminating at the same time.

      I hope you have a great weekend, and thank you for stopping by and for the prayers. I appreciate it more than you know!

      Delete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)