NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Friday, December 28, 2012

2012:Year In Review/New Year, New You! {Link-Up}

~*~*~*~*~*~
Welcome to the:



                  and/or






on Fibro, Fit and Fab!
~*~*~*~*~*~
It's almost New Year's and that always makes me a little nostalgic along with making me think about the upcoming year and the changes I want to make in my life.  This thought process lead to the link-up that I'm about to present to you.
I see this time of year as a time when we are most aware of our past and our future.  We look over our shoulder, and there's our history.  We look ahead, and we see all of our potential.  For this link-up, I'm giving you a chance to share either or both, whichever you wish.

For myself, I will share both, because I feel I can't ask it of you unless I do it for myself. :)

First, my past:

2012 has been an incredible year of discovery and change for me.  I found out I had Fibromyalgia, I started this blog, I revamped my food/allergy blog into Natural and Free, I found SITS Girls, I joined Facebook with my blogs (and Twitter and Pinterest and Google+), I re-learned about how important the right diet is for me (as well as exercise, environment and attitude), I hosted my first link-up and co-hosted one, too.  I have found new friends online, in life and discovered old ones again.  My hubby and I started our own Sunday School Class, too, and it's been so much fun getting to know all the college and career age adults that make up our SALt class! :)

All in all, 2012 has been a full year.  There's been pain, hardship and lessons learned.  There's also been joy, triumph, blessings and discoveries.  There are some things I look back on now and wish I'd done them this way or that way, but I really do believe that everything worked out as it should have, so I'm happy. :)

As to my future:

I have so much planned for 2013!  I plan on trying to get monthly bloggers on here and on Natural and Free if at all possible.  I also want to be a guest blogger as I can because I really enjoy that. :)  I also want to do a link-up a month, either on here or on Natural and Free, sometimes maybe both places, and I already have one in the works for February on Natural and Free that I'm co-hosting with Stacey from Glued To My Crafts and Vanessa of VanessaSchrotenboer.com that includes a giveaway and promises to be loads of link-up fun just in times for Valentine's Day! :)
I also plan on continuing with my diet changes and weight lost (30 lbs. overall, 21 since August 5, 2012 - YAY!  I need to lose at least 39 more, but would like to lose 59 more if I can.) as well as making other lifestyle changes so that I can keep my "Fibrowolf" at bay.
I want to give as I can (hence the reason for wanting to do the link-ups, because that is one way that I can give back in a way that I can afford), when I can because it is right and good to do.
I want to spend more time with my kiddos because they are growing up so fast and changing so much, hence the reason I have a plan with a schedule to adhere to so that I can stay on task and focused and get things done so there is that time for the family that I cherish so much.  If I don't have my blogging life and activities (including housework) planned out, then time gets away from me and those moments I should have for my family slip by.  I've found that the more organized I am, the more free time I have.   That's a good thing! :)
I want to do what is best for my kiddos as far as schooling goes, which may mean homeschooling next year, which has me a bit scared, but excited to.  The research for this has already begun, and will continue throughout the next few to several months until we have it all figured out. :)
I want to be better at organizing and crafting.  This includes things in and outside the home.  This is a big task.  This is probably a task that will come a little at a time, maybe even still be in the works by next year at this time! LOL :)  We shall see!
I want to love my Lord and Savior more every day and schedule time for Him.  Right now, devotions are done as they get done.  I'm thinking I need to have more of a plan on this so that I don't just rush through or glance over things.  Probably early morning is going to work best for me, after hubby is at work and the kiddos are still sleeping.  It's either that or at night after the kiddos are in bed.  I'm thinking morning will be best for me to keep my attitude right throughout the day.  We'll see how this pans out.
I want to take time to do things for my hubby and family just for them...No rhyme or reason; just because.  This could be anything from making cookies or hot cocoa or slipping them a note...anything that screams, "I love you so very much!  You mean the world to me!"  I think this would be a great addition to my routine somewhere. :)  At least monthly would be a great start.  Oh, and Mommy/kid dates, too!  Really want to do that.
Ok, so I'm rambling now!  As you can see, there's lots that I want to do.  Some of this (maybe even all of this) will happen, but maybe not exactly how I planned it to go, and that's ok. :)  The important thing to remember is that life is about change and growth and learning.  No matter what happens in 2013, I know it will be a year of change, some for the good and some for the bad, and I will never be the same.  I will embrace each day as the gift that it is and grow from my experiences instead of drowning in them.  I will love a little more, try not to be so pessimistic on the bad days, and always remember that God makes no mistakes and that joy is about choice, not circumstance.
Happy New Year (a little early)!   May 2013 be an amazing year for you!

~*~*~ Now it's your turn! ~*~*~


Now, grab your appropriate badge and help ring in the new year, blogger-style! :)



(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

12 comments:

  1. Grabbed a link up...I'm glad I met you, Julie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to meet you, too, Laurrie! :) I look forward to seeing what you link-up!

      Delete
  2. You're done a fab job so far with your weight loss - that's fantastic! I couldn't resist linking up after all ;)

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've got a ways to go yet, but I'm happy with my progress so far! :)

      Thanks for linking up!

      Delete
  3. I've got one to link up for tomorrow!!! As soon as it goes live, I'm linking!!! Great idea, Julie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Can't wait to read it! :)

      Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  4. You have some great resolutions! I love how you want to schedule time for devotions...it would be a great way to start the day! And also showing your family you love them...so much to look forward to in 2013!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny! I've got a rocky start going on, but it's a start! :) I hope to improve as I go. I guess that's better than the other way around! :)

      Thanks for stopping by and linking up! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  5. Woo Hoo, I added my blog link, grabbed my icon, and am ready for the new year. I'm so sorry to hear about you being diagnosed with fibro. I have it as well. Have been diagnosed for years. My dr treats me with Neurontin. Good luck with the weight loss. I'll be cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for linking up and for the encouragement, Vicki! :) I appreciate it! May this year find your Fibro not as bothersome as the last! Best wishes to you!

      Delete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)