NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, May 25, 2020

Weekly Weigh In 2020: Week 21, May 25, 2020

Weekly Weigh In will go live every Monday, and it will share how I'm doing health-wise, and it will give me more accountability with my health.


Here is my twenty-first weigh in of 2020:

1. The Selfie: The selfie is me as of today, May 25, 2020. {Happy Memorial Day!  I hope this day of remembering those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms is a good one for you and yours.  Freedom is not free, and we will never forget!}
   
  
2. Weight: My weight went up about a pound again.  I'm not thrilled to be on this roller coaster of weight gain and loss (I go up and down all week long and have been for weeks).  I am changing my diet dramatically (aiming at no added sugar in foods, sticking with honey as my sweetener of choice, avoiding caffeine in all forms (chocolate, tea, coffee, etc.), and being careful about starchy/sugar fruits and veggies), and I am sure that eventually that will help with the weight loss efforts, but that will take some time.  We'll see how it goes.

3. Health News: I averaged just over 9,500 steps per day last week.  I am hoping to get at least my 6,000 steps per day average this week, and will do so as long as I can be out and about.

I finished up my halter monitor on Saturday, and I have my TeleHealth meeting with the cardiologist on Friday.  I am hoping we have some direction after all of this, even though I suspect more tests in my future.  We shall see!

I will keep you all updated on how things go.  Thank you for your prayers concerning this matter! 

4. Diet News:  As I mentioned above, I've revamped my diet completely.  I feel like I am making progress in the right direction, but there's definitely a learning curve.  The biggest thing I want to still work on is making sure I watch my salt and carb intake (I'm a potato chip lover).  I cannot cut back the salt too much as it drops my blood pressure too much, but I don't want to go overboard either.  I am also wanting to make sure I go more protein and good for me veggies and fruits, and try for whole grain vs. processed ones.  I am also going to be working on cutting back on the chips with the plan on making them a sometime treat vs. a daily one.  Wish me luck!

5. Other News: Please continue to pray for my middle kid.  For almost 8 months now, he has been dealing with an unknown health issue.  We're hopeful that we will be able to keep his appointment in June, and are grateful that he's basically been stable symptom-wise right now.  If you'd like a current update/rundown on his condition, you can click here.

As to our week, home improvements (if possible - we've gotten done most of what we can without an extension ladder/scaffolding) and {safe} graduation celebration this weekend.  It's going to be a busy week!  Please pray for good weather this weekend as our son's drive-by open house is outside, and rain would put a damper on things!  Thanks so much! 

How are you doing?  Do you have anything you want to weigh in with?  Any health progress or goals you want to share?  If so, please leave a comment below (with a link to your post, if you have one and wish to leave it), and I'll respond ASAP.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)