NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, May 18, 2020

Weekly Weigh In 2020: Week 20, May 18, 2020

Weekly Weigh In will go live every Monday, and it will share how I'm doing health-wise, and it will give me more accountability with my health.


Here is my twentieth weigh in of 2020:

1. The Selfie: The selfie is me as of today, May 18, 2020.
   
  
2. Weight: My weight went up about a pound.  I'm not thrilled to be on this roller coaster of weight gain and loss.  I am staying as active as I can, so I'm assuming diet has a big part to do with the weight issues.  I am going to try a different strategy when it comes to food (no keeping track, just making wise choices and trying to eat only when hungry and watch portion sizes), and see how that goes.  Wish me luck!

3. Health News: I averaged just under 6,000 steps per day last week.  I am hoping to get at least my 6,000 steps per day average this week, and will do so as long as I can be out and about.

Last week was...interesting.  I ended up going to the ER on Tuesday morning due to possible TIA (I had numbness/tingling on the left side of my body).  They did a ton of test and kept me overnight for observation.  All results were encouraging, so the doctors there were leaning towards complex migraine with aura, though a TIA cannot be ruled out 100% (it is just less likely for now).  Because I've been having some back trouble, and I have a history of said back trouble causing similar numbness/tingling issues, my primary doctor agreed to let me try chiropractic to see if it helps me vs. sending me to the neurologist for now.  

So far, the chiropractic has helped with some of my back/neck issues and even some of the chest pain/heartburn issues I've been dealing with since this whole heart arrhythmia came to the forefront.  I'm hopeful that this will be the ticket to help with any future numbness/tingling and maybe even help some of my other symptoms I've been dealing with.  If not, I will be seeing the neurologist about a migraine possibility, and I'm already talking will be seeing the cardiologist about the heart stuff, so at least we have a plan.

Also, my trip to the hospital expedited my visit with the cardiologist, and some of the tests she would have asked for were done while I was in the hospital.  Instead of waiting literally months for both things, I will be doing a TeleHealth call with her the end of this month after my halter is finished (I will be done with that the end of the week).  This is great news!  I'm going in with a lot of information for her already, and we can focus on seeing if there are any other more telling tests that I can get done sooner than later.  Talk about a blessing in disguise. :)

Another piece of good news is that the Coreg does seem to be really helping, so that's an encouragement as well.  I may end up needing the dosage tweaked eventually, but it is a blessing that it is helping.

I will keep you all updated on how things go.  Thank you for your prayers concerning this matter! 

4. Diet News:  As I mentioned above, I'm still tweaking this.  I feel like I am making progress in the right direction, just my body isn't aware of it yet, if that makes sense.  Hopefully, I will keep making good choices and see progress in the weight department soon.

5. Other News: Please continue to pray for my middle kid.  For about 7 1/2 months now, he has been dealing with an unknown health issue.  His appointment that was supposed to be last month has been moved out into June due to COVID-19 which has us a little bummed, but he's basically stable symptom-wise right now, so it's all good.  If you'd like a current update/rundown on his condition, you can click here.

As to our week, home improvements, graduation plans, and 20th wedding anniversary are in the mix.  Not sure what we'll do to celebrate the anniversary, but we'll at least go for a scenic drive, just the 2 of us.  It's not what we planned, but we'll make it special. :)  I'm just thrilled we're doing home improvements!  That is definitely part of my anniversary present. :D  And the graduation plans are going well.  We've got most everything figured out on how to celebrate safely, so that's a big plus! :)

How are you doing?  Do you have anything you want to weigh in with?  Any health progress or goals you want to share?  If so, please leave a comment below (with a link to your post, if you have one and wish to leave it), and I'll respond ASAP.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)