NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, January 20, 2020

Weekly Weigh In 2020: Week 3, January 20, 2020

Weekly Weigh In will go live every Monday, and it will share how I'm doing health-wise, and it will give me more accountability with my health.


Here is my third weigh in of 2020:

1. The Selfie: The selfie is me as of today, January 20, 2020.  

2. Weight: My weight went down another pound, and I'm thrilled!  I have a ways to go to meet my next goal yet, but I'll take any progress in the right direction.  Here's hoping to stay on the same path this week, too!

3. Health News: I was able to average just below 6,000 steps per day last week, so I didn't quite reach my goal.  I am hoping to get my 6,000 steps per day average this week, but we'll see.  I'll at least do the best I can.

I did pretty well with my toning/strengthening routine this last week, though I did miss a few days due to a foot issue.  I am hoping to get all the work-outs in this week, but I'm not sure if my foot will cooperate.

My insomnia has been better this last week and I had no migraines, so that's wonderful!  I'm hoping that trend continues, for sure!

I am still dealing with what I and my doctor think is plantar fasciitis.  It has affected my ability to go on long walks or stay on my feet for super long periods of time.  It has definitely improved a little bit with stretching and resting when needed, and I've had very little pain the last day or 2, so please pray that it continues to improve.  I'd like to get back to full power in terms of mobility.  Thanks! :)

Other than the foot issue, I am feeling pretty good.  I'm very grateful for that!  I'm sure the sunshine we've had on occasion has helped, too.  {Northern Michigan doesn't see much sun this time of year normally, so we enjoy as much of it as possible when it is around!}

4. Diet News:  I feel like I did ok in the eating better department.  Eating less processed is slowly coming along, and I am getting back into eating only when hungry more often than not (boredom/stress eating crept in a little over the holidays), so I am glad for that.  Like I've said before, progress is progress, so I'll take it even if it is slow going. :)

5. Other News: Please continue to pray for my middle kid.  For 3 1/2 months now, he has been dealing with an unknown health issue.  

I mentioned this in my Recent Reflections post, but I'll recap here.  Because none of his tests were too abnormal (he did have some levels that were off, but not crazily so), the plan for him to see the pediatric rheumatologist has been put on hold along with the neck CT.  We are to keep an observation journal (which I have been doing this whole time) for the next 3 months.  The idea is that he will either improve on his own in time (best case scenario), or he will continue to stay the same or get worse and whatever is going on will show itself in time.  I don't care for "wait and see", but it is where we are at this time.  {For those wondering, yes, I am to take him back in if he starts showing signs of being very ill (fever, lots of pain, intractable headache, rash, etc.) before those 3 months are done.}

If you'd like a current update/rundown on his condition, you can click here.
As to our week, just a normal, busy school week with some weekend plans that will keep us busier than normal.  I have nearly finalized my blog schedule for this year, so that's good.  I am going to start slowly working on some blog updates as I can, but who knows how long those will take as I am squeezing those in as I have time (which isn't a lot recently).

How are you doing?  Do you have anything you want to weigh in with?  Any health progress or goals you want to share?  If so, please leave a comment below (with a link to your post, if you have one and wish to leave it), and I'll respond ASAP.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)