NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, January 6, 2020

Weekly Weigh In 2020: Week 1, January 6, 2020

Weekly Weigh In will go live every Monday, and it will share how I'm doing health-wise, and it will give me more accountability with my health.


Here is my first weigh in of 2020:

1. The Selfie: The selfie is me as of today, January 6, 2020.  

2. Weight: Over New Year's, I gained between 5 and 10 lbs. {Yes, I do that when I don't follow my rules, and, yes, most is water retention when I do gain weight like this.}, but I was able to lose all but 3 pounds of that.  I'm not happy about the net gain of 3 lbs., but I'm glad it didn't stay up to 10!  I am going to work very hard on not making excuses to eat what I should not (I did that a lot over the holidays!), and focus on following my rules and eating less processed.  I think this will help me reach my goals a lot more.  Here's hoping for a weight loss next week!

3. Health News: I was able to average just over 6,000 steps per day last week.  I am hoping to at least get my 6,000 steps per day average this week.  We shall see!

I have decided to add in a toning/strengthening routine to my week (Monday - Saturday with Sunday being a day of rest).  There will be cardio/aerobic added in on days I cannot get out to get some exercise or just because.  At least 2 of my 3 kiddos will be joining me in this, so we'll see how this goes.  I am doing this to be stronger and more capable physically, and I think it will be a good change.

My insomnia is definitely better, but it definitely not 100% gone.  I blame that on my not sticking to my rules more closely.  I'm going to get back to that, and I should be doing better in no time.

I am finally feeling pretty good health-wise!  I have had a little bit of some ear stuffiness (I don't know how else to describe it) that lead to some vertigo over New Year's that kept me bedridden for a full day, but the vertigo seems to be gone.  I think the ear issue is getting better as I feel it draining at times, so we'll see.  I am just grateful it is not painful, and that the vertigo was short lived. :)

4. Diet News:  As I mentioned above, my eating choices were not always the best this last week, and I didn't always meet my intermittent fasting goals. I definitely paid for not following my eating rules, too, generally with some Restless Leg Syndrome flair-ups, stomach issues, or even some headaches.  I have already made strides to fix this, but it will be a daily choice, and I'm determined to do better.  I wish eating right was a switch you could just turn on, but it's not.  Daily making the right choices is all it can be.  We'll see what wins out this next week - making decisions to be healthy or living in the moment.  I'm hoping it will be the first one!

5. Other News: Please continue to pray for my middle kid.  For just over 3 months now, he has been dealing with an unknown health issue (he's had a host of symptoms from headaches to swollen lymph nodes to fatigue/lack of stamina to upper abdomen pain and more).  

We met with his doctor last week, and the results were interesting.  His eosinophils are still slightly elevated (they have been this entire time), but not high, and slightly lower than last time.  His WBC keeps rising, but it is not high yet, either.  His ANA was positive, so he had more labs done to see if this is due to an autoimmune issue or another cause.  If it does point to an autoimmune disorder, he will see a pediatric endocrinologist.  If not, we will meet with his doctor again to discuss next steps.  Please pray for accurate results and wisdom regarding next steps.  Thanks so much!

To give you a current update/rundown on his condition, his headaches and belly pain are normally not present now, but he will have days were those spike up in pain without a known cause, and the headache portion of that is almost daily again.  Thankfully, the headaches are responsive to Advil and normally last an hour or less vs. all day like before.  He is also having some center chest pain/tightness at times like he did before the Pepcid.  We are starting to suspect the Vitamin D and Pepcid may no longer be helping like they were.  He is also dealing with a raised type of rash that doesn't itch (it looks a lot like the Keratosis pilaris he has had since he was very young, so we're not sure if that is just flared up or if this is something new related to what is going on with his health now).  He also deals with knee and back pain at times, as well as 99 range temperatures with or without chills.  He has also dealt with 2 or 3 cold/sinus-type issues in the last 3 months, and he is normally my healthy kid who is sick maybe twice a year if that.  He also has started with some sore and bleeding gums that may or may not be related to this health issue (he's suspecting he may just be brushing too hard, but time will tell on that).  All of these things coupled with his fatigue/easily wearing out, the lack of appetite and focus, palpable and painless lymph nodes, and mainly "normal" labs make for a really frustrating situation for us and the doctor.  It's hard to know what direction to go in.  Please continue to pray for wisdom for all of us.  Thank you!

As to our week, school is back in session.  I'm looking forward to being back in a normal routine, but we all enjoyed the break.  I still haven't finalized my blog schedule for this year yet, but hope to do that soon.  I have some ideas for some new things (not necessarily features, but just some new post types here and there), but I'm not sure I'll get to implement them.  It really all depends on how things go with our son's health, school, etc.  We shall see!  Either way, 2020 is going to be an interesting, and most likely very busy, year!

How are you doing?  Do you have anything you want to weigh in with?  Any health progress or goals you want to share?  If so, please leave a comment below (with a link to your post, if you have one and wish to leave it), and I'll respond ASAP.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)