NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

What A Week!

When I say week, I actually mean more like week and a half.  It has been a whirlwind since Memorial weekend.


 ~*~*~*~

We went over to my parents' and did some walking around a few times in this time frame.

We got to not only hear, but see a Woodpecker...


And wonder how a little creature could make such a racket!
It reminded me that it is not the size of the creature that matters, but the heart and determination.
Little things can surprise you when you least expect it!
Don't underestimate anything!

 ~*~*~*~

We got to see not only the beginning...




But the ending of life...


And it got me thinking about how endings are just beginnings of a new phase of life, so calling anything an ending isn't exactly the reality.  It's just the start of something new.
It might be scary and different, but it can be beautiful, too.

~*~*~*~

We got to watch the creek flow...


 And be awed by its beauty and its ability to calm.
It reminded me that God gave us these things to whisper to our minds that He is here, that He cares and that He loved us enough to give us places where we could be completely at rest.
My heart is full with that love that knows no bounds!

~*~*~*~

I got to make homemade jam after my wonderful neighbor and friend, Ms. Bonnie, brought me a great gift of rhubarb from her yard!

It was as  a wonderful a birthday present to me (and my family) as all my cards, homemade and otherwise, well-wishes and other gifts from family and friends.
It all reminds me that I am one very blessed woman!  I feel so undeserving of so much love!

~*~*~*~
Then there's all the end of the year school activities and celebrations.
My Sean got a reward for...
Excellence in Behavior!
That will do any mother's heart proud!

My Stephen got a reward for...


Young Author/Writing!



He takes after me in so many ways!


I couldn't be more proud of my 2 little men!  They never cease to amaze and inspire me!
Love you, boys!

~*~*~*~


Yesterday, Natural and Free won a position in the Top 25 Foodie Moms on Circle of Moms, too!  #24, but it's a spot and I beat out some of the bloggers that I consider mentors to me who are just amazing, so I feel on top of the world and blown away at the same time!  I appreciate all who voted for me and felt me worthy of the title!  I couldn't have done it without you all, and "thank you" just isn't enough, but it's all I can say!

~*~*~*~
I have felt like an emotional roller coaster.  I've been all over the board.  I've been excited, I've been sad, I've been on top of the world, I've been a pit of nerves, I've been relaxed, I've been calm, I've been frustrated, I've been scared...and I've never felt in more need for the Lord's guidance as I do now.
So many changes are coming or have come.  So many things are ending or have ended (i.e. the school year, my 34th year of life) and that leads to beginnings (i.e. summer and my 35th year of life).  I need God's help to do it all.  That's a good thing.  At least I know I need Him now and not halfway through when I've made a royal mess of things first.  I can start right...and hopefully finish right, too.
Would you do me a favor?  Would you pray with me about these upcoming changes in my life?  Please pray:
  1. That I (and my hubby) would have wisdom on what to do over the summer to prepare my kids for online homeschooling this fall.  (They were approved to join a great online school program that should be a wonderful transition for them since it is nearly identical curriculum to what they've been learning and I can be more one-on-one with them and keep tabs on all the things I need to keep tabs on.)
       
  2. That my kids will adjust to being homeschooled with me as their Learning Coach. (They will have a teacher through the online school, but it will be about 70% me, 30% online, so I'm kinda like a sub, if that makes sense.)
       
  3. That we will continue to seek God's will in all we do, not just the hard things.    
         
  4. That I will find the answers needed around our kids health and education and my own health.  (My middle kid is having more blood sugar issues and there is a question about my youngest in regards to food sensitivities, and all my kids have other allergy issues that need monitoring and possibly addressing again.  My middle and youngest also both have "chicken skin" issues that we may have found "cures" for, but we have to talk with the doctor about it before moving forward.  My middle kid is still waiting for his neuropsych evaluation that will tell us exactly where his learning difficulties lie and stem from, too...It could still be several months yet, and we want God's perfect timing in getting this done and with the right doctor.  In regards to me, I'm having more IBS type symptoms and pain that seem to be diet related and am keeping a food diary to figure out the triggers fully.  I also have to have some routine tests done because I am now "that age" to have them done that we need wisdom on timing and money for, too.)
          
  5. That I would have peace surrounding all the unknowns in the upcoming year and beyond.  (I feel very overwhelmed right now!)
Thank you!  And if there is anything that you need me to pray with you about, please feel free to leave a comment below or send me an emailMy email is always open. :)
~*~*~*~
 Have an amazing rest of your week, and know that if you need me, I'm just an email away!

How has your week been?
Are you ready for summer?
What is your favorite thing about summertime?

(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

4 comments:

  1. Julie, praying for you! Congratulations on being 24th! That's a great accomplishment! I voted whenever I saw your reminders. :) Also...Happy, happy birthday from someone who will see the end of 44 and the beginning of 45 in a few months. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny Marie! :) And Happy Birthday, early to you! :) I hope this coming year is amazing for you!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I'm praying for you, Julie. This post was just beautiful. I'm so proud of you little guys. They are wonderful...just like their mom! :) --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! You are such a sweetheart! I'm proud of my little guys, too! They are amazing boys!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)