NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Marvelous Moms Link-Up

~*~ Welcome To ~*~

In honor of Mother's Day, I thought it would be good to highlight some of the moms in my life and give you the chance to do the same via a link-up (see below).  Over the next 3 days, I will be writing open letters here to them, and you can link-up anything "mom" (i.e. your mom's favorite recipes, open letters to a mom in your life, pictures of your mom, a Mother's Day post) below.  It should be a lot of fun, and I hope you will grab a badge and join in the fun! :)

Today, I am going to be highlighting a mom who I've known since before birth, my twin sister, Lynette.

~*~*~*~

Dear Lynette,

I remember the day you first became a mom.

The day after my niece was born, September 2006.

What a day that was!  Hard and fast labor that you were quite sure you weren't ready for, but you did it and a beautiful little girl was born!  You did great, and I was so proud to be able to tell people that you were not only my sister, but my twin.  And you made me an aunt again that day, too! 
You are not only a great mommy to your daughter and son, but a wonderful aunt to your nieces and nephews.



Aunt Lyn with her nephews and daughter, July 2009.
No one can say you don't love them.  It's written all over your face!  You've always treated them like your own kids and loved on them and helped them and watched over them.  Thank you for being that kind of mom and aunt.  It is so good to know that I have you to rely on if I need someone.
Though you don't live just down the street anymore, I look forward to the times we can spend time together, and so do my kids.


Aunt Lyn with her niece, April 2013.

It is so nice to be able to see you and laugh and joke and talk.  I miss talking with you the most.  Phone conversations and text messages just aren't the same, ya know?
Anyway, I just wanted you to know how much I love you and how glad I am that you are my sister!  I also wanted to say, "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!" (Yes, that was shouted with confetti and the whole works! :) ), and that you are a mom I look up to in so many ways.
I envy your ability to teach effortlessly.  I covet your wit.  I love that you are not afraid to express emotion when it's needed without being embarrassed.  I relish the fact that you can make me laugh until I cry and make me feel loved beyond words.  I enjoy the fact that you will pray with me when I need someone to pray with, and let me cry on your shoulder when I need to.  I am thrilled that you never tell me what I want to hear, but are always honest with me and tell me like it is, like a good sister and friend should.  I am overjoyed that you serve the Lord and love your husband unconditionally and stand by him, your family and your ministry together.
I am glad that God saw fit to not only give me a sister, but a twin.  That is a special gift indeed!

Us, Spring 1979

God bless you, sister, and know that I love you, now and always!  If you ever need anything, I'm just a phone call (and a few hours) away!
Hugs and kisses,


~*~*~
Now It's Your Turn!
~*~*~
Grab A Badge!

(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a twin, Julie! Wow!!
    That picture of the two of you in 1979--adorbs!!
    This was such a sweet and moving tribute to your sister and the bond you share. :) Happy, happy Mother's Day to you both!! Have a beautiful weekend! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am! :) I love that picture, too. It's on my fridge so that I can look at it daily.

      Thanks for the Mother's Day wishes, for stopping by and for the wonderfully kind words, Lisa. I hope you have a fantastic Mother's Day weekend, too! :)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful letter to your sister!

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) I hope it touches her heart as much as it has yours.

      Happy Mother's Day! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, what an amazing sister! Julie, you are truly blessed to have such an amazing family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marilyn! I couldn't agree more! :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)