NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, May 13, 2013

The Marvelous Moms Link-Up {Day3}

~*~ Welcome To The Last Day Of ~*~
In honor of Mother's Day, I thought it would be good to highlight some of the moms in my life and give you the chance to do the same via a link-up (see details below).  I started Saturday with an open letter to my twin sister, Lynette, shared an open letter to my mom yesterday and I will be writing my last one today.  If you wish (and I sincerely hope you wish), you can link-up anything "mom" (i.e. your mom's favorite recipes, open letters to a mom in your life, pictures of your mom, a Mother's Day post) below until 11:59pm EST tonight.  I hope you will grab a badge and join in the fun! :)
Today, I am going to be highlighting another mother who has always been there for me...and my mother - my Granny.

~*~*~*~
Dear Granny,

Happy Mother's Day (a little late), Granny!


Granny and my nephew, December 2008

How can I ever tell you just how much you mean to me?  You have always been there to listen, to guide, to help, to love, to pray.  What would I do without you?
You are not only an amazing grandma, but you are an amazing great-grandma, as well!

Granny and some of her great-grand kids, June 2009

Did you ever dream that that day would happen, the day you became a great-grandma?  Did you ever imagine that you'd be the great-grandma to 8 and counting?  Did you ever think that you'd get to see them grow-up and be a part of their lives, and pray for them and hear their amazing stories?  Did you ever dream that you'd get to take walks with them and tell them stories about their grandma and their parents?  I hope some day to have the same privilege as you, knowing that I've been able to observe the best of the best do it in you, hoping that I can do it half as well as you do.
I so love the times we get together, especially holiday times.
Family Christmas, 2008
Do you remember making Pecan Rolls together for the first time?  Do you remember decorating sugar cookies together?  Do you remember putting together relish trays and me sneaking those delicious homemade pickles of yours?  Do you remember how Grandpa used to tell us to blow on the Christmas tree so that the lights would come on?  Do you remember each of those amazing, miraculous and timeless moments like I do?  I know I will never forget them, and that I relish sharing those memories with my own children! 
Did you ever think there would be a day when you would be holding a great granddaughter who had your first name as her middle name?
Granny meeting her namesake for the first time, September 2010
I can only pray that she grows into half the godly woman that you are!  I will continue to remind her as she grows that she was named after a wonderful, godly woman who loves her very much and who wants her to live for the Lord with all her heart, soul and mind!  I will remind her that you want her to be the amazing woman that God intends for her to be...and that she can look up to her godly heritage and follow the example given to her by her grandma, her great-grandma and even her great-great grandma.  What a precious gift of legacy she has!
I love you, Granny, and always will!  Knowing that you are there, that you pray for me, that you pray for my family, that you will pray with me over the phone at any time, day or night, means the world to me.  I am so thrilled that my children get to know you!  I am so thrilled that you are my Granny, and I am so grateful that you have loved me unconditionally from the moment you found out I was coming into this world and extend the same love to my children.  I am so blessed.
 
Thank you for being such a good example of wife and mother and grandmother to me.  I thank God for you daily, and pray that we will have many more years together yet!

Love you "a bushel and a peck",


~*~*~
Now It's Your Turn!
~*~*~
Grab A Badge!

(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

10 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you have such a great Granny! I love your letter to her. :) I hope you had a fabulous Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny Marie, on all accounts, and I did. I hope you did, too! :)

      Thanks for linking up your Aunts post! It was so sweet! :)

      I have to print this out to mail to my Granny today (she doesn't have internet), because what good is an open letter if she never sees it? :) I hope she enjoys it and the trips down memory lane as much as I did writing it. :)

      Thanks for stopping by and participating! Have a great Monday!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the invite girl! Hope you had a great mother's day <3

    Have a fab start to the week!
    -Stacey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stace! :) I did! I hope you did, too, and that you have a great Monday!

      Thanks for stopping by and linking up! :) I appreciate it!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful letter to your Granny. Just so sweet. And the perfect cap off to this lovely link-up. :)-The Dose Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, ladies! :) I've got it all printed off for her and ready to mail out soon. I hope she likes it as much as you all did! :)

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Such a lovely letter to your Granny!
    Thank you for inviting me to join the link-up - I made it on time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you could join in the fun! :) Your post was so sweet! Love them homemade gifts! :)

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful letter! Your Granny is a very special person!! Thanks for inviting me to the link up...I'm sorry I didn't make it in time!! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day as well! I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to link-up, either, but I like to host link-ups often, so hopefully another time you will be able to. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)