NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, March 13, 2017

{Product Review} Ceela Naturals Review Day 1: Resolve & Renew and MagiCalm (Non-GMO, Top 8 Free, Corn-Free, Vegan and Cruelty-Free)




I was recently contacted by Ceela Naturals about doing some product reviews for them*, and decided to do so.  As you can see, I received a LOT of products to review, so this review will last for the next 4 days!  This is my first ever non-food review, too, and I am so glad I did it!  These products are all non- GMO, top 8 free, corn-free, vegan and cruelty-free, and I am more than a little excited to share them with you!



The links to the other days will be added here as they go live:

-Day 4: Touch


Before we begin, I think it's only fair that I show you me (without make-up) before using any of the products.  So, *deep breath as I summon my bravery* here it is:






I know it is a less than flattering picture.  I was taking it myself with my phone without my glasses on, and it is very hard to know where to look.  Did I mention this is without make-up on?  Anyway, so that is your frame of reference.  As you can see, I don't have extreme problem skin.  My skin is a bit sensitive, but otherwise it is your classic combination skin.  Being that it is the end of winter, it is a little drier than normal, too.

Ok.  The really hard part is out of the way. :)  On to the fun part!

The first products I tried were the Resolve & Renew and MagiCalm.



These are the products in full-size, not sample size, FYI.


First up, Resolve & Renew!



Let's take a look at the packaging.



I like the look.  Simple, professional looking, easy to read.  You can clearly see what they are free of, easy to understand directions (there are more online), and even an alert to remind you to use sunblock after using this product because it contains alpha hydroxy acid.  Very responsible!  They took great care to describe the ingredients as much as possible, too, and I love that as well.  



Let's take a closer look at the product.
  

This is what one pump of the product looks like.  Literally, this is all I used on my face, though you might have to use 2 pumps if you want to make sure you got really good coverage.  As you can see, this product will last a long time!

The ingredients are: Water, Glycerin, Potassium Carrageenan (Iota from Irish Red Sea Moss), Citric Acid.  That's it!  Nothing else!  No perfumes, no sudsing agents or anything to really irritate the skin.  That was wonderful to see.  (Note: They now only sell the Resolve & Renew Gentle that is the same product without the glycerin.  The links I share are to the Resolve & Renew Gentle.)


So, what did it smell and feel like?
  
There is no real scent to this product, which surprised me.  I thought there'd be something, but there really wasn't.  That would be wonderful for those who have issues with strongly scented items.

As to how it felt, I did do a spot test on my arm like it suggests to do, and I will admit that I was surprised.  Being that this is an exfoliant and the fact that a patch test was recommended, I  thought maybe it would burn a little, but it didn't at all.  I only patch tested and put it on my face for the minimum of a minute because I do have more sensitive skin, and I didn't have any issues at all with it.

It does go on a bit like a clear mask.  You can feel it sort of tighten and dry on your skin, but it is not unpleasant at all.  It is also extremely easy to remove with just warm water and a wash cloth.  You don't have to scrub to get it off at all, just gently wipe the face.

The best part?  My skin was markedly softer after that 1 minute of use!  Seriously!  I was in shock and very impressed.  I don't have rough skin to begin with, but this made my skin feel very smooth.  Even my husband and children could feel the difference.  Definitely a keeper product in my book! 


What does it cost?
  
Resolve & Renew costs $44 (plus any S&H) for a 4.4oz. bottle.  Each bottle is supposed to give you 10 to 15 uses, but I think that's being very conservative. Because you'd probably only use this once a week or less, this product would last you a minimum of 2 to 3 months, and would cost you around $3 to $4 per use, if it only lasts for that amount of time.  I'm pretty sure this product would last me closer to double that, dropping my cost dramatically.  Either way, I'd say this is a pretty good deal if you want to pamper your skin a little, especially considering that it is non-GMO, top 8 free, corn-free, vegan and cruelty-free!



The verdict?
  
Resolve & Renew is a real winner!  If you want to pamper your skin a bit and are willing to pay a little extra for it, this product is for you!  

(Note: I realize that all skin types are a bit different, and your experience may not be mine.  This review is just to reflect my personal experience with this product, and my results may not be typical or identical to yours.  If you have further questions or concerns about this product, please contact Ceela Naturals.)

~*~*~*~*~

Next up, Magicalm!

Let's take a look at the packaging.



Again, I like the look.  Simple, professional looking, easy to read.  You can clearly see what they are free of, and it has easy to understand directions (there are more online).  No complaints here!  (Note: They no longer sell the 1 oz. size pictured here.  Any links will be to the size they sell now: 0.4 oz.  The product is exactly the same otherwise.)

Let's take a closer look at the product.


As you can see, this product is a powder.  There really isn't much to it at all.  It contains: Magnesium Hydroxide and Organic Rice Powder.  That's it!  Simple, natural, and limited ingredient for those who have to be careful what they apply to their skin.  Awesome!

Probably the hardest thing to do is make the paste to apply it.  You have to measure it out (confession: I didn't measure because I forgot to bring any measuring stuff into the bathroom with me), and then add water to make it into a paste.



It took me a bit to get it the right consistency to spread it onto my face (it took me 2 tries).  It didn't want to mix real well in my hand, so I'd recommend mixing it in a small bowl vs. your hand.  (Note: They do have a MagiCalm+ that is a lotion vs. a powder that is ready-to-use.  It has water and Andalusian Olive Glycerin in addition to the Magnesium Hydroxide and Organic Rice Powder.) 


So, what did it smell and feel like?

As a powder, it pretty much has no smell.  Once you add the water, however, it does smell a bit like cooked rice.  This can be a good or bad thing depending on how you feel about the smell of cooked rice.  Either way, it is not overly strong nor terribly awful, and the scent does not linger on your skin at all.

That being said, this product goes on like a traditional mask, and dries very quickly.  I only left it on for the minimum amount of time (about 30 seconds), and then washed it off with warm water and a wash cloth.  It was very easy to remove - no scrubbing needed.

Let me tell you, not only did my face feel even softer than it already did after I used the Resolve & Renew, but I felt like I could see a difference in my face's appearance.  (I will post a picture at the end for you to see for yourself.)  The hand I mixed the mask up in was even noticeably softer!  I was very impressed, and so was my family.


What does it cost?

For a 0.4 oz bottle of MagiCalm, it costs $14 (plus any S&H).  This should give you about 10 uses at 1/4 teaspoon each, so this is about $1.40 per use.  If you consider that this is a non-GMO, top 8 free, corn-free, vegan and cruelty-free, and you can use it all over your body and not just on your face (I could see this being very helpful with eczema and/or atopic dermatitis), it is definitely worth the cost.  



The verdict?

MagiCalm is pricey and takes a bit of practice to mix up right, but definitely worth it if you have skin that is easily irritated or have eczema or atopic dermatitis.  I could see it being extremely helpful for those skin types.  It made my skin feel amazing, and I don't have problem skin, so I can only imagine what it would do for someone with problem skin!  Definitely worth investing in.

(Note: I realize that all skin types are a bit different, and your experience may not be mine.  This review is just to reflect my personal experience with this product, and my results may not be typical or identical to yours.  If you have further questions or concerns about this product, please contact Ceela Naturals.)


If you want to see the visual evidence of how these 2 products alone worked on my skin, here's the picture:


It may be hard to tell for some, but my skin is softer and smoother here. (Again, sorry for the odd look on my face.  It's hard to take a selfie without my glasses on! :D )


How Can I Find Out More?

So glad you asked!  You can find out more at the following locations:





   
  
To find out even more, you can contact them directly.

A big thank you to Ceela Naturals  for letting me  review your products!








*Any and all opinions are mine without censor and reflect my personal feelings on the products and not that of the person/company who sent them to me.  Though I received the products for free, that fact did not affect my opinion on said product in anyway.*



(This post was originally posted on my original site, Natural and Free.)

2 comments:

  1. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article.
    I'll make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for
    the post. I'll certainly return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you need help finding anything, let me know!

      Delete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)