NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, May 20, 2013

Happy 13th Anniversary! {An Open Letter To My Hubby}

My dearest Aaron,
Happy 13th Anniversary!
Wow!  I can hardly believe it's been 13 years!  Do you remember the day we got engaged?  I do!


The day we got engaged, July 3rd, 1999.

I remember your horror that the weather wasn't cooperating - the sky was grey so the sunset wasn't as pretty as you wanted.  I remember how mortified you were that there were dead fish on the beach and you couldn't find the perfect spot to kneel to propose.  I remember being confused when you slipped the ring onto my finger while we were just kinda standing there, side by side, you being unsure of what to say and me nearly flinging the ring into the lake when I pulled my hand away suddenly because I had no idea what you were doing or what you'd just done with my finger! LOL :)
It seemed like everything went "wrong", but it couldn't have been more perfect.  Why?  Because it was our moment.  It was our time.  And the only thing that mattered was that you wanted me to be with you for the rest of our lives, and that made the moment more than amazing - it made it ideal and romantic and magical.
Speaking of romantic and magical, I love the time we get "just us".
 

At a local beach in August, 2008
We don't get alone time much.  Normally it's a trip to the grocery store while Grandma and Grandpa watch the kiddos, and I can't remember the last time we had a night away together, but time is time.  I don't mind if the kids tag along, but moments where it's just us are rare enough to be savored and appreciated to the millionth degree.  We will definitely have to work on getting that alone time soon! :)
I am so thrilled to have you in my life!  I know I am not the easiest woman to love some days (I do have a redhead's temper), but you love me despite all my faults, and I couldn't be more thrilled!

January, 2013
You've stuck by me through thick and thin, through my diagnosis with Fibromyalgia, through so many things.  You've been my rock when I wanted to wilt, you showed me how to become a Christian and I know that you will be there for me now and always.  I love that!  It makes me feel so secure.  Thank you!

Thank you for being the man that you are.  Thank you for being the spiritual leader in our home.  Thank you for being an involved Daddy and loving husband.  Thank you for working hard to provide for this family.  Thank you a million times over for letting me know that I'm beautiful to you, that you love me despite all my faults and for being there when I need you.  Thank you for loving me.

I love you so much and don't know what I'd do without you!

Happy Anniversary, Hubby, and here's to many more years to come!

Love you, now and always,
Xs and Os,

(For those of you curious as to how we met, click here for the story.)

P.S. I finally found a picture on the PC of us on our wedding day! :) Here it is:



~*~*~*~

How did you meet your spouse or fiance(e)?

What is your engagement story?

What is your favorite memory since becoming a couple?

If you're not married or engaged, what are some things you are looking for in a relationship?

(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

4 comments:

  1. So so sweet! Love the story of your engagement...we got engaged on July 3rd, 1998, by the way! :) Something about July, right?! Happy anniversary!-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) July is an amazing time to get engaged, especially around Independence Day. Everyone wants fireworks when they get engaged, right? :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Ashley!

      Delete
  2. {Melinda} What a couple of cute kids you were! :) Beautiful tribute to your man, Julie! Congrats... wishing you many more years of happiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melinda! We look do look pretty young, don't we? :) I think hubby looks a lot different, but he says I don't look much different. I'll take that compliment! :D LOL

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)