NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, April 27, 2020

Weekly Weigh In 2020: Week 17, April 27, 2020

Weekly Weigh In will go live every Monday, and it will share how I'm doing health-wise, and it will give me more accountability with my health.


Here is my seventeenth weigh in of 2020:

1. The Selfie: The selfie is me as of today, April 27, 2020.
   
  
2. Weight: My weight went up half a pound.  I am not super happy about this, but am glad it is not more.  Hopefully, being able to be a bit more active and paying more attention to what and how I eat will have a more positive impact next week.

3. Health News: I averaged just over 8,100 steps per day last week.  I am hoping to get at least my 6,000 steps per day average this week, and will do so as long as I can be out and about.

Last week was interesting to say the least.  I almost ended up in the ER Monday night due to tachycardia issues, but they subsided enough that I didn't have to go in.  Instead, I got in touch with my doctor on Tuesday morning who told me to come in for an EKG if I had another episode.  Within a few hours, I was having another episode, and headed in for that EKG.  Unfortunately, by the time I got there and they got me hooked up, the episode was done (it gets twice as long to get into the doctor's office due to COVID-19 regulations).  However, I was able to start on Coreg (which is making a huge difference), and I was also able to expedite getting my halter and my TeleMed appointment (the doctor thinks I am dealing with a type of SVT).  I got my halter on Thursday and will have that for a total of 30 days, and I will probably have my appointment with the cardiologist at some point after that, before if there are urgent issues found.

Please pray that they will find any issues that need to be found, and that I won't have a reaction to the electrode pads.  Me and adhesives have an interesting relationship, and I can sometimes blister from them.  So far, so good, and I haven't really reacted to them at all other than a little redness that goes away quickly after they are removed.  This is a huge blessing and praise!


I will keep you all updated on how things go.  Thank you for your prayers concerning this matter! 

4. Diet News:  I'm still doing better with my diet on the whole.  I have to be very careful with sugar and carbs and caffeine.  I've essentially given up on anything caffeine containing, and I'm avoiding anything with added sugar as much as possible.  Yesterday was a more carb loaded day, and I had more palpitation issues than I had been.  There is definitely a learning curve going on right now, but I will figure it out.

5. Other News: Please continue to pray for my middle kid.  For nearly 7 months now, he has been dealing with an unknown health issue.  His appointment that was supposed to be this month has been moved out into June due to COVID-19 which has us a little bummed, but he's basically stable symptom-wise right now, so it's all good.  If you'd like a current update/rundown on his condition, you can click here.

As to our week, we're trying to start on some home improvement projects as we are able, and we'll be out enjoying the nice weather as we can (It's 64 outside right now!).  We've decided to order our Senior's cap and gown and diploma within the next day or 2, and we'll decide on the graduation and open house in the next few weeks.  I'm thinking we'll try to do some sort of ceremony when we can and then do the open house at a later date when more people can attend.  We're not sure yet, but we'll see.  If we wait to do the ceremony when Michigan is fully opened up again, it could be next year, and we're not sure we want to wait that long.  We'll see what we come up with.

How are you doing?  Do you have anything you want to weigh in with?  Any health progress or goals you want to share?  If so, please leave a comment below (with a link to your post, if you have one and wish to leave it), and I'll respond ASAP.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)