NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, April 13, 2020

Weekly Weigh In 2020: Week 15, April 13, 2020

Weekly Weigh In will go live every Monday, and it will share how I'm doing health-wise, and it will give me more accountability with my health.


Here is my fifteenth weigh in of 2020:

1. The Selfie: The selfie is me as of today, April 13, 2020.
   
  
2. Weight: My weight went up half a pound.  Though I've overall been eating better, I've still had some days where I didn't eat the best for me.  I am going to revamp and refocus (again) and see if I can't get back into the losing vs. gaining weight zone.

3. Health News: I averaged just over 6,900 steps per day last week.  I am hoping to get at least my 6,000 steps per day average this week, and will do so as long as I can be out and about.

Overall, I feel like I am doing pretty well in regard to any illness.  Still dealing with the seasonal stuffiness, but otherwise doing ok.  Dealing with some restless leg now and then, but even that isn't terrible, and my migraines and insomnia are in check right now, too.

I did end up talking with the doctor via phone about the tachycardia issue.  He told me to go off the zinc (because it was the only thing different in my life in regards to medications/supplements) even though he was pretty sure that it was not the issue (he had me go off of it out of abundance of caution), and he is going to have me do a 30 day halter monitor for my heart.  I'm not sure when this will happen (it's supposed to be mailed to me), but I'll keep you posted.  {Note: 
Going off the zinc doesn't seem to have made a huge difference, but it's early yet.}

I have days that are good where I don't notice any tachycardia, and other days where it seems more often.  I have figured out what makes it worse - stress, caffeine of any sort (coffee (decaf and regular) and chocolate especially, and I'm not sure about tea - it had been ok, but I've not had it for over a week to test to see if it is "safe" or not), and sugar.  I can handle some caffeine and sugar early in the day, but any of those things in the afternoon and evening are a no go.  Anyway, I appreciate your prayers!  Thank you!

4. Diet News:  As I alluded to above, I believe my eating habits have improved overall, but I still have my bad days.  I'm hoping to be more diligent about eating foods that help me.  This whole tachycardia thing has really got me more focused on diet, so we'll see how it goes.

5. Other News: Please continue to pray for my middle kid.  For just over 6 months now, he has been dealing with an unknown health issue.  His appointment that was supposed to be this month has been moved out into June due to COVID-19 which has us a little bummed, but he's basically stable symptom-wise right now, so it's all good.  If you'd like a current update/rundown on his condition, you can click here.

As to our week, school as usual (because we homeschool), and not much else.  This will actually be our last week of school for the year.  We're still trying to figure out a way to celebrate our oldest's graduation and have a commencement of sorts, but we're waiting on this COVID-19 stuff to be over with before we do that.  We'll see what happens.

How are you doing?  Do you have anything you want to weigh in with?  Any health progress or goals you want to share?  If so, please leave a comment below (with a link to your post, if you have one and wish to leave it), and I'll respond ASAP.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)