NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, August 26, 2019

Weekly Weigh In: Week 10, August 26, 2019

I have decided that this feature will now run indefinitely, and will replace the My Quarterly Report feature.  It will go live every Monday, and it will be a weigh in that will share how I'm doing health-wise, and it will give me more accountability with my health.

Here is my tenth weigh in:

1. The Selfie: The selfie is me as of today, August 26, 2019.  

2. Weight: My weight is down a pound!  I was hoping for more, but I injured my back/neck (put it out of place or pulled a muscle or both), so I wasn't able to be as active as I wanted to be.  I will just be glad that I lost a pound and keep on keeping on. :)  Hopefully next week I'll have another weight loss to report.

3. Health News: I only averaged about 5,500 steps per day last week - same as last week.  Part of this is due to the back/neck issue.  Today, that issue seems to be better, so I'm hopeful I will be able to be more active this week.  We shall see!  I also have my physical today, so we'll see how my thyroid levels are and if there is anything else the doctor has to say that may be playing into my weight roller coaster or other health issues (i.e. migraines). 

The herbal water pill is still getting mixed reviews with me.  I feel like it helps very temporarily (like during the day), but that I wake up every morning with the same level of water retention that I had the previous morning.  I have a few weeks left of the pills, so I am going to keep taking them until they are gone and then see how I do off of them.  If I notice absolutely no change, I have one or 2 other herbal options to try.  If neither of those work, well...not sure what I'll do.  For now, we'll just take it a day at a time.

4. Diet News:  Well, using the menu planning was a good idea, and helped me out a lot.  It helped me be more honest and aware of what I was eating.  I didn't always stick to the plan 100%, but found that having a plan helped me make better choices even when I did go off plan.  That's a good change!  I plan to keep using the menu planning for the near future.  Hopefully I can get to the place where the better choices are habit vs. having to have a plan to eat the right way for me.  Wish me luck!

5. Other News: {Home}School starts next week.  I think I'm ready.  I hope I'm ready.  LOL :)  I still am in denial that my oldest is going to be a Senior.  Time flies way too fast.  Anyway, this week will be filled with making sure we get the most out of the end of summer and making sure we haven't forgotten anything for back-to-school.  As I said, I think we're all set, but I know me - I'll keep re-checking until the day we begin and through the end of that first week (or 3) of school for sure. :)

How are you doing?  Do you have anything you want to weigh in with?  Any health progress or goals you want to share?  If so, please leave a comment below (with a link to your post, if you have one and wish to leave it), and I'll respond ASAP.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)