NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Monthly Milestones 2016 {8}

Today is the eighth Monthly Milestones of 2016.  If you want to share a milestone post, just leave a comment below with a link to your milestone post, and I'll pop over and visit it and leave a comment, and hopefully some of my other readers will, too. :)  Normally, Monthly Milestones, where I will be giving you updates on how I am doing physically, mentally, etc., will go live on the first Saturday of every month, though sometimes I may be a day early or late depending on circumstances.

Here is how I am doing as of today:

Me as of today, August 6, 2016, at 231 1/2 lbs.

  1. My weight is still going down!  I lost 2 1/2 pounds overall this month! :D  I have been very careful with my carb intake, and it paid off.  Sugar and gluten are definitely not my friends.  Limiting those makes a HUGE difference.  Portion control is something else I'm trying to stay more aware of, and that helps, too.  Hopefully, I'll have even more weight loss to report next month.
        
  2. I've been able to be a lot more active!  I have been able to go on nearly daily walks (except for the last week, which I will get to later), and even been able to go swimming a few times.  It's been very nice!  It does make a difference in my overall well-being.  I have also made choices to do activities that require me to be up more often like hanging out laundry, doing multiple dish washings vs. one time per day, mixing recipes by hand when possible, etc.  Little things, but they do add up!
     
  3. Dietary/lifestyle changes are still happening.  As I mentioned earlier, I have learned that gluten and sugar especially are not good to my body.  I will keep limiting those, and see how it goes.  Also, preservatives/pre-made food do not agree with me very well, so I am doing my best to limit those, too.

    I am also still having issues with water retention, so my doctor did give me a water pill to take when I need it, which I do believe helped a little with my weight loss this last month.  I am also trying to limit salt and up the water even more.

    I am still having some sleep issues, so I'm working on weaning myself off caffeine even more (I already drink half-caff), so that I get to the point that all coffee that I drink is decaf unless I have a headache and need the caffeine to help with that.
        
  4. I have more testing coming up.  Last weekend, I had an episode of weakness, numbness and tingling that was the worst I've ever had in my life, and I'm still suffering some of the effects a week later.  When this episode started, I actually felt that I was in danger of falling, and I've never felt that unstable before.  It started in both legs, but was/is the worst in my left leg.  I still have an area in my left leg where there is a lack of sensation, though I can finally walk normally more often than not (I go from a normal walk, to a limp, to almost dragging my leg).  I also have a hugging sensation around my ribs quite often, and I have had a few episodes where I feel like I can't take a deep breath (not because of asthma, but more like I have to remind my body how to do it).  I also have had tingling in my arms at times, too.

    I saw my neurologist about this episode, and she told me that I need to have another MRI with contrast, this time on my thoracic spine, and some more blood work.  I also have to have my cane with me at all times, even if I don't need it, as it has to be nearby just in case I feel unsteady or weak in my legs.  Anyway, I don't have the MRI scheduled yet, but I'm expecting it will be within the next week or so, and I will let you all know the results of that when it is done.  I appreciate your prayers!
      
  5. I will be seeing a chiropractor.  After talking with my neurologist about it, it was decided that a chiropractor may be helpful.  It probably won't take away the weakness or some of the other symptoms, but it should help with the bulging discs and degeneration I have going on in my back.  I just can't have him do any HVLA (high velocity, low amplitude) manipulation, which the guy I will be seeing doesn't do, so it's all good.  The guy I will be going to takes a holistic approach, so we will also be discussing diet among other things, and he knows my primary doctor, and it sounds like he wants a team approach (chiropractor, doctor and neurologist) in regards to my health, so that's good.  I'm very hopeful that he will help me get some of my health issues resolved.  I will keep you all posted on how this goes, too.
        
  6. Thank you for all your prayers, and we would appreciate your continued prayers!  We appreciate all the prayers and support as we've gone through so much this last year, especially. It's been a real blessing!

    We are going to be starting the homeschooling program within the next few weeks to see if it is a good fit.  If not, then the boys will probably end up going to the local public school for at least a semester while we figure out what we should do instead.  We may end up having to send them back to the public school regardless due to my health, but we're praying it won't come to that.  We continue to appreciate your prayers in all of this! 

    Please continue to pray for my testing and for wisdom for us.  Thank you so much!  It means more than you know!
      
  7.  Blog updates have stalled, though posting has increased! So far, I've been able to make at least monthly changes to this blog and Natural and Free.  Sometimes, I have even been able to make some minor changes, so that's a plus.  I am going to be doing a review here shortly on Natural and Free, and hope to even have a guest poster there, too.  I am working on a guest poster for on here, but that's going to be awhile in coming yet.  We'll see if it happens sooner than later! :D

That's about it for now.  How are you doing?  Are you reaching your goals?  Have you tried something new?  Come up with a new recipe?  I hope all is going well with you, and I hope you will leave a comment sharing your thoughts and/or milestones (with a link to your post, if you wish).  As always, I wish you the best of luck in all you do, and hope you will return soon! :)



(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)