NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Monthly Milestones 2016 {1}


Happy New Year!  Today is the first Monthly Milestones of 2016.  If you want to share a milestone post, just leave a comment below with a link to your milestone post, and I'll pop over and visit it and leave a comment, and hopefully some of my other readers will, too. :)  Normally, Monthly Milestones, where I will be giving you updates on how I am doing physically, mentally, etc., will go live on the first Saturday of every month, though sometimes I may be a day early or late depending on circumstances.

As you can see, I have a new look for this year.  I can't believe this will be the third year that I've been doing this!  Hopefully, this year will have more progress to show than just a few pounds lost overall.  As long as I go down vs. up, though, I won't be too upset if my progress stays slow.  Here's hoping my weight goes down this year in a bigger way! :)

Here is how I am doing as of today:
Me as of today, January 2, 2016, at 228 lbs.


  1. My weight went up a little!  I had hoped that my weight would be down again this month, but it's not. :( I'm up 2 pounds from last month.  I know it has to do with all the holiday food choices (I've had the gut ache, bloating and body pains to prove it), and I am working hard to get back to better eating choices now that the holidays are done.  Hopefully my weight will go down again starting this month so I have a weight loss to share the beginning of next month.  Overall, I can't complain, though, because I started off this journey in 2013 at 235, and I'm at 228 now.  Seven pounds lost is seven pounds lost. :) Hopefully I'll lose more this year, too. :)
      
  2. December was pretty full!   Between holiday travels, dealing with more illness, my sister having a baby, holiday festivity, finishing up school things before break, etc., I've not had the time to breathe let alone blog.  I've got a plan in place now, though, that should make blogging more possible, but I'm not sure that it will be more than once a month on here or Natural and Free.  I will try, though!
     
  3. We're still plugging away with our new lifestyle choices.  I haven't been able to walk as much as I'd like recently due to a lot of rain and then snow and cold, but I get out when I can.  We're also doing a lot more gluten-free cooking, too, though the last few weeks have been a bit off normal, as I mentioned above.  I'm finding that gluten-free helps me a lot, but I also have to watch sugar amount and grains as a whole.  Looks like I have another angle to approach as I go into this new year - less sugar and grains.  We'll see how it goes!
         
  4. I will be keeping an eye on the weird things my body does.  Well, I've decided that (for now) my random symptoms - muscle spasms (especially in my legs at night), dizziness/lightheadedness, joint pains, IBS, muscle weakness - can be watched and reported to the doctor at my next physical.  There is nothing that is consistent or severe enough to report just yet, though I will be keeping a close eye on things.  If anything becomes more consistent or concerning, I'll see the doctor sooner than my physical.  We shall see!

  5. Blog updates have begun!  As I mentioned before, I have a system in the works to make updates on this blog and Natural and Free more of a reality.  I can't promise more than once a month, but it's a start! :)     

That's about it for now.  How are you doing?  Are you reaching your goals?  Have you tried something new?  Come up with a new recipe?  I hope all is going well with you, and I hope you will leave a comment sharing your thoughts and/or milestones (with a link to your post, if you wish).  As always, I wish you the best of luck in all you do, and hope you will return soon! :)



(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)