NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Health Update

Our family Christmas photo for 2015
In my recent Monthly Milestones 2016 post, I mentioned about my health issues that I hoped to wait on seeing the doctor about.  Shortly after I posted that, I had an episode of weakness in my right leg that proved to me that I shouldn't put things off until summer.  That being said, I went to the doctor today, and he agreed that my symptoms were concerning.  They did a lot of blood work today, and, on Monday, I will be scheduling an MRI on my brain, C spine and LS spine to be done in the near future.  After that, I have to meet with the doctor again, discuss results and next steps.  We are in the "ruling out and in" portion of it all.  The biggest concern is the possibility of lesions on the brain and/or spinal cord at this point.

I have a couple of prayer requests surrounding this:
  1. For ease of testing and testing times that work best for our schedule.  I would love for the testing to go smoothly, especially anything related to needles. :)  I'd also love for the schedule to work out so that the kids wouldn't have to miss school, but if they do, please pray for understanding teachers and the ability to make up anything missed with ease.  Thanks!
     
  2. For accurate test results.  My test results have a history of being highly unreliable, so I'm praying that this will not be the case here.  I'd like them to find the issue, not wonder about it.
     
  3. For peace for me regardless of results.  I like to "know" things and I like to "prepare".  I get 10 steps ahead and can worry, and I don't want to do this.  God has a plan for my life and He knows exactly what will come of this, and I just want to rest in Him.  I will admit to being scared about this - it would be abnormal not to be - but I don't want fear to control me.  I want God's peace to rule.
     
  4. For peace for my family regardless of results.  I don't want my children to worry about their mom.  Pray that we know how to address whatever this is in the right way so there is no anger or fear for them.  I want want the same for my whole family.
     
  5. For wisdom and strength in knowing what to do next.  Pray for my husband and I as we talk about which tests to do or not do, if we should do medications or try a more natural route, etc.  Regardless of the results, it sounds like there will definitely be some changes and maybe even more testing in my future.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers at this time!  I will keep you all updated as we learn more and walk down this new path. 


Update on 1-12-16: My MRIs are scheduled for Sunday, 1-17-16, at 2:45pm. They told me to plan on at least an hour and a half. They told me there will be no special prep involved, so that's a blessing. Thank you everyone for your prayers and thoughts! I will post an update when I have one. Also, there will be contrast for one of them, so pray that all goes smoothly with the IV, too. Thanks so much!

Update on 1-16-16: Tomorrow's the day!  Please be praying for a safe trip there and back (They are predicting quite a bit of snow tomorrow, and I'd rather not have to go there in a blizzard!), that testing goes smoothly (especially the IV!), and that we get ACCURATE results.  Thanks so much!  I am scheduled to meet with my doctor on Friday, January 22nd, to discuss results.  My blood work all came back "within normal", so we'll see how the MRIs turn out.  I'll post an update when I know more.


(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)