NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Monthly Milestones {3}


Today is my third time running my monthly feature where I will be giving you updates on how I am doing physically, mentally, etc. and in which you can link up a post about some form of progress you are making, if you wish (see details below). I am enjoying this, and being publicly accountable (as hard as it is) will and is helping me out tremendously.  I hope you enjoy this link-up as well, will link up something inspiring and share it with others so that we can meet our goals together! :)
Here is how I am doing so far:
Me, today, March 1, 2014 at 234 lbs.
  1. I've stayed the same weight.  I haven't made the progress I'd like (i.e. I'm exactly the same weight as last month), but I have made progress.  My stomach is slightly flatter and some clothes are fitting a little better.  That's always a plus, even if the scale is my nemesis.  Hopefully next month it won't be! ;)  Also, I have gotten better about portion control.  I am finding that saying no to that second serving when I am not really hungry is getting easier.  Baby steps in the right direction are still steps in the right direction.  Let's just hope and pray I continue in that direction! :)
      
  2. I've struggled with illness/pain.  Due to extreme cold (actual temps well below zero - as low as -25 F - and real feel even lower - as low as the -30s F) with crazy wind and lots of snow, my Fibromyalgia has been pretty relentless.  The days I've eaten right and avoided soy, I did pretty good, but that cold can bother anyone, and it was sure evil to most!  I also having been dealing with some sort of nasty head cold for about a week now, and just when I think I'm about to be over it, it comes back full-bore.  I am sure ready for Spring, better yet Summer!
      
  3. We've gotten some things crossed off our To Do List!  We've gotten a new kitchen table with benches since our old one wasn't an actual kitchen table (more like a plastic, rectangular card table) and our old chairs were starting to fall apart.  It is so nice and looks just perfect in our kitchen, like it was made for the space, and it cost less than buying the 2 new chairs we were thinking about doing.  Pretty sweet!  It's one of those tables that looks really expensive even though it's not, and that's awesome to me. :)  Also, we got all new curtains on the windows we wanted curtains on, a new comforter/bedding set for our room (since we've never really had one), we're getting hubby's car fixed (we've been down to one car pretty much all winter, which is normally fine since the kids are homeschooled and all and I don't work) and we've got hubby and I scheduled for eye appointments (first in like 3 years - YIKES!).  Lots of little things, but such big changes! :)
      
  4. I'm sleeping better.  I'm not sure if it has been not feeling well or what, but I've been sleeping better and deeper lately.  This is a good thing!  It gives me a lot more energy. :)
     
  5. I may have some very exciting news for you all soon!  I have a possible opportunity coming up, and if it all works out, I'll let you all know. :)  It would be pretty awesome, so keep me in your thoughts and prayers about this unspoken item.  Thanks so much!

That's pretty much it for this month.  How are you doing on your goals?  Hopefully well, and I hope you will link-up a post telling me all about it or even leave a comment sharing your thoughts.  As always, I wish you the best of luck in all you do, and hope you will return soon! :)



~*~*~*~
Now It's Your Turn!


~*~*~*~
Grab A Badge!


(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

6 comments:

  1. I feel like even if the scale is being stubborn, having your clothes fit better is awesome! :) Good for you! Glad you are sleeping better, too...that is always helpful to me and my mental state! ;)-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! I hate stubbon scales! They are totally evil!!! I am glad, though, for the clothes fitting better part. That makes me happy. :) The sleeping better *is* a HUGE help. Keeps ya healthy and stable. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. It's less about the scale and all about how your clothes fit! You are doing great. Sleep is vital to our health so that will help you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm hoping to see more progress this next month, but I know baby steps are still steps, and I'll take those! :) Healthy is a process that doesn't happen overnight and happens in stages. I'd rather it go slow and steady and I learn a lot than fast and stop and I not learn anything. It's not called a journey for nothin'! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you are making strides in the right direction. Good luck on your goals in the coming months. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I definitely need it! I am glad the weather is mostly getting warmer and nicer so that I can get out and walk a little. Feels so nice!!! :D

      Delete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)