NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Why I Strive To Stay Thankful...

It is November, the thankful month.  It is the month we all strive to think of others a little more, count our blessings and work to let our family and friends know how much they mean to us.  However, why do we only do this in November?  Why not do it year 'round?  I know it is something I am trying to do; be grateful daily.

Why do I do my level best to try to stay positive and thankful?  The following quote by Helen Keller sums it up best:

"Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows."- Helen Keller
When you have a good attitude and are always looking on the bright side, things don't look so bad or feel so dull or glum or hopeless.  You can smile sincerely and enjoy life fully.  Physical pain dulls, heartaches lessen, and life and God are truly good.  It is the better side of the coin, the glass half full, the rose colored glasses, and it is wonderful.

It is not easy, and there are the days where you must be practical or realistic and see that there is truly hurt in your heart and in your world or in the world of someone else you know, but when you are being thankful, that hurt is a little less because you see every good thing as a gift.  You don't live as if you deserve good things, so when they come, you appreciate them and they touch you deeper, guarding your heart a little bit more like a shield so that when the sword of hurt, anger and disappointment comes it doesn't wound you as deeply.  Sure, you still hurt, you still grieve, but you have your blessings, your gifts, still and you know that (eventually) you will be ok.

I wish that I had the time to do what I did last year and do a thankfulness link-up every day in November until Thanksgiving, but I do not.  I am hoping to blog weekly about thankfulness, but (as you can see in my lack of being able to blog since October 16th, despite my best efforts) I cannot promise you that.  What I would ask of you, though, dear blogger friend, is that you strive to find ways to express gratitude, not only this month (though that's an amazing start) but every day of the year.  Keep a Thankfulness Journal, start a Thankfulness Tree or Thankfulness Wall or make a Thankfulness Box and work alongside me in trying to keep a spirit of thankfulness in your (our) homes, hearts, and lives.  I know that my goal this coming week (today, hopefully) is to make a Thankfulness Wall/Tree and add to it throughout the month and share it with you as I can.  I am hoping to have a designated spot that will be used year 'round that I can decorate according to season, but we'll see how much time I get. :)  That's the goal, anyway.

I hope you all have had an amazing start to your November.  May it be an amazing one for you and may you learn to love more, feel blessed more and know that I am praying for you!





(This recipe was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Julie. It is so important to remember what really matters and to stay thankful even when it can be hard not to. You are inspiring. :)-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! :) Your kindness always touches my heart. I am glad you see me this way, because there are days (most of them) that I definitely don't feel very inspiring!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post, Julie. I am trying to focus on gratitude this month as well. I agree, it is challenging to try and blog every day, or even every week. But we can focus on gratitude in many other ways. I am trying to slow down a little bit and stay a little more focused on the here and now, and the good things and people in my life. Thank you for your inspiring words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, and I'm glad that I could inspire you a little! :) Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words. I wish you all the best in your blogging endeavors! :)

      Delete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)