NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, October 1, 2012

Circle of Moms Blogger SoundOff

Circle of Moms is starting a Blogger SoundOff this month.  Basically, each month they will be announcing a theme and then gathering and featuring posts related to that theme in a special section on Circle of Moms.  Very cool, and I'm happy to be a part of it!
This month's theme, if you hadn't guessed already, is breast cancer awareness.  This theme is very near and dear to my heart because breast cancer runs very heavily in my family.  In fact, my breast cancer risk is well over 50%, and those are not odds I particularly care for.
I have an aunt who has a very rare form of breast cancer called Paget's.  My mom has had at least 3 non-cancerous masses removed/drained (at least one of which was pre-cancerous, AKA there were "suspicious cells" that warranted keeping an eye on, and they still keep a close eye on her) from her breasts in the last few years.  I have other aunts and female relatives who have had breast cancer as well.  As you can see, breast cancer is not something I can brush aside as someone else's problem to worry about.  I have to be aware, I have to do my breast exams at home and through my doctor's office and in a year's time I have to have my first ever mammogram.  Fun times, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. :)
For those of you who want more information on how to do a proper self-exam and more information on what breast cancer looks like, check out Worldwide Breast Cancer.  It's got some fantastic information on it!  Well worth the visit!
If you're looking for a free badge to help promote awareness, check out chickabug.com.  There are a lot of wonderful options there!
If you want even more information, check out NBCAM.org.  There's lots of websites listed where you can go for more information or make a donation, and there's information on where to get low cost screenings.
I encourage you, all of you, be you male or female, to help raise the awareness of breast cancer.  It is a silent killer, but if you know what to look for, we can find it early and save lives.  Let's help kick breast cancer to the curb by getting those exams and finding those masses early!  Early detection saves lives.  I know because it's already saved my mother's life.  Who knows how things would've gone with any of those masses had she ignored them.  I'm so very glad she didn't!  And, who knows?  Maybe one day early detection will save my life or the life of my daughter.  That, in and of itself, makes me want to wear pink every day of the year!
***

To view Circle of Moms' Blogger SoundOff "Moms on Breast Cancer" which includes this post, please click here.


(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

2 comments:

  1. Found your link through SITS! Thank you for posting about breast cancer awareness! I'm a breast cancer survivor, and appreciate you spreading the word! Since you are in the high risk category, you are the perfect person to help breast cancer research! Have you heard of Dr. Love? Her research foundation is holding this study, and it would be great if you could participate! Here's a link for more information:
    https://www.healthofwomenstudy.org/

    Thanks again for your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for finding me! :)

      I'm glad to spread the word, and I will definitely check out the link! Thanks for sharing.

      Congratulation on your breast cancer survival. I can't even imagine what an emotional ride that must have been and perhaps still is sometimes. It is my hope that with even more awareness, we can get even more women just like you in the survivor catergory!

      Thanks for taking the time to comment, and have a great day.

      Delete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)