NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Reminders



Last night I had another flare due to eating something that I thought would be ok, only to figure out the hard way that it was not.  When I woke up this morning, it was a struggle to get out of bed, but I'm glad that I did and that I went to church this morning, for more than a few reasons.

1. We had a visitor in our Sunday School class.  That's always a plus and lifted my spirits.

2. I got to listen to an amazing song that touched my heart called "Bow The Knee" by Chris Machen.  Here are the lyrics:

“There are moments on our journey following the Lord
Where God illumines ev’ry step we take.
There are times when circumstances make perfect sense to us,
As we try to understand each move He makes.
When the path grows dim and our questions have no answers, turn to Him.
Bow the knee;
Trust the heart of your Father when the answer goes beyond what you can see.
Bow the knee;
Lift your eyes toward heaven and believe the One who holds eternity.
And when you don’t understand the purpose of His plan,
In the presence of the King, bow the knee.
There are days when clouds surround us, and the rain begins to fall,
The cold and lonely winds won’t cease to blow.
And there seems to be no reason for the suffering we feel;
We are tempted to believe God does not know.
When the storms arise, don’t forget we live by faith and not by sight.
Bow the knee;
Trust the heart of your Father when the answer goes beyond what you can see.
Bow the knee;
Lift your eyes toward heaven and believe the One who holds eternity.
And when you don’t understand the purpose of His plan,
In the presence of the King, bow the knee.”
(Listen to Bow the Knee lyrics by Chris Machen or buy the music here)

Every time I hear this song it reminds me that God is in control and does things with our best interests at heart.  Not only that, but it brings happy tears to my eyes when I realize that I don't have to worry - I can just trust God in His sovereignty.  Amen and amen!

3. I got to hear a wonderful message by our pastor from John 10:24-30.  It was called "Saints in the Hands of a Loving Savior" if I recall correctly.  It was a great reminder that I am in God's hands, no matter what, and nothing can change that.  I am God's child for keeps. 

At the very end of the message, during our invitation, our pastor said something that just made me smile, because I know God brought it to his mind just for me.  I can't explain it better than that, and you're just going to have to take my word for it.  He said something to the effect that, no matter what hardship is going on in your life, it will be ok. 

The reason I know that was meant for me was because when I went into labor for my daughter, I was only 35 weeks along.  I knew I would be facing the NICU (I'd gone through that with my middle child), and I was rightly afraid.  I'd been sent home from my doctor's appointment, the doctor hopeful that I was just dehydrated and would make it to my due date if I got myself re-hydrated, knowing deep in my heart that I would have her probably the next day since I had done something very similar with my two boys.  I was in the shower, crying, and begging God to help me, and all the sudden a peace overcame me.  It was like He whispered in my ear, "I love her more than you do.  It will be ok," and I knew things would be fine no matter what happened.  I did have her the next day, just like I thought I would, and she was in the NICU for a week, but she had no lung issues, no heart issues - no major issues, period.  Everything was indeed ok.

Today, when the pastor said, "It will be ok," I was in the midst of pain, just like I was that night, and I had to smile at the less than subtle reminder from the Lord.  I could trust Him to help me with this pain, with my Fibromyalgia in general, and know that He loves me more than I can even imagine, and I will indeed be ok...no matter what.

God is good all the time.  I encourage you, if you don't have Him as your Anchor, your Savior, please read this and think about changing that fact.  You won't regret it.  If you have any questions about it, feel free to email me.

May you have an amazing day!

(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)