NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, December 23, 2019

Weekly Weigh In: Week 27, December 23, 2019

I have decided that this feature will now run indefinitely, and will replace the My Quarterly Report feature.  It will go live every Monday, and it will be a weigh in that will share how I'm doing health-wise, and it will give me more accountability with my health.


Here is my twenty-seventh weigh in:

1. The Selfie: The selfie is me as of today, December 23, 2019.  

2. Weight: I lost a pound!  I'm so happy!  I wish it were more, but I'll take any weight loss.  Progress is progress. :)  Hopefully, I will be able to keep the weight loss going.

3. Health News: I was able to average just over 8,500 steps per day last week.  I am hoping to at least get my 6,000 steps per day average this week, and I may get my wish as the weather is supposed to be unseasonably mild.  Wish me luck!

My insomnia has been a lot better the last 2 days, but I have also had some rough days.  I am certain now, though, that my insomnia is linked to dietary choices, so as long as I keep those in check, I think my insomnia will eventually disappear (with rare exceptions).  That's definitely encouraging. :)

I am either in the middle or towards the end of a head cold of sorts.  I feel ok mainly, but there's been quite a bit of sneezing, nose blowing, and a little coughing here and there.  I've been so grateful that I have not been kept awake at night with coughing or sneezing fits (that has happened in the past), so I really can't complain.  I know plenty of people dealing with a lot worse, so I will take this mild head cold with a smile and gratitude that it isn't any worse. :)

4. Diet News:  I think I can say that my emotional/comfort eating is a thing of the past as I haven't even been tempted to do it in a month or more.  I am so grateful for that!  I had a few hiccoughs with the intermittent fasting, but it was definitely better this week than last.  The biggest thing I want to avoid with Christmas and New Year's is the temptation to eat too much sugar and junk.  Thankfully (and yes, I am thankful for this), my body will not play nice if I eat too much sugar, chocolate, etc., so I am less tempted than I was a year ago.  We'll see how I do, and hopefully I can avoid eating those things that bother me.   

5. Other News: Please continue to pray for my middle kid.  For nearly 3 months now, he has been dealing with an unknown health issue (he's had a host of symptoms from headaches to swollen lymph nodes to fatigue/lack of stamina to upper abdomen pain and more).  

The results of his neck ultrasound were "normal", but the radiologist did advise us to do a CT Scan with contrast if he continued to experience issues with swollen lymph nodes and health issues.  His doctor doesn't yet want to do that, but did order more labs, and we are to meet after the first of the year to discuss how he is feeling.  She definitely does not like that his lymph nodes continue to be swollen (I should use the word palpable, because they are not huge, but you can definitely feel them when you otherwise wouldn't and they are painless for him), that he is experiencing such fatigue, has little appetite, and is overall just not the kid he was 3 months ago.  Hopefully, we'll have a little direction after the labs come back and we meet with her again.

To just give you a bit more of an update/rundown  on his condition, his headaches and belly pain are normally not present now, but then he will have days were those spike up in pain without a known cause.  We feel that the Pepcid and Vitamin D are helping with the headaches and belly pain, and we're grateful, but we also feel like those medications are just keeping him comfortable, and that he'd be back to where he was at the beginning (migraines with major nausea and belly pain) if we took him off them.  That knowledge coupled with the fatigue, the lack of appetite and focus, palpable and painless lymph nodes, and mainly "normal" labs make for a really frustrating situation for us and the doctor.  It's hard to know what direction to go in.  Please continue to pray for wisdom for all of us.  Thank you!

As to our week, Christmas break has officially started, and we are looking forward to some quality family time!  I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

How are you doing?  Do you have anything you want to weigh in with?  Any health progress or goals you want to share?  If so, please leave a comment below (with a link to your post, if you have one and wish to leave it), and I'll respond ASAP.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)