NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, October 28, 2019

Weekly Weigh In: Week 19, October 28, 2019

I have decided that this feature will now run indefinitely, and will replace the My Quarterly Report feature.  It will go live every Monday, and it will be a weigh in that will share how I'm doing health-wise, and it will give me more accountability with my health.


Here is my nineteenth weigh in:

1. The Selfie: The selfie is me as of today, October 28, 2019.  

2. Weight: My weight went up 2 pounds!  I am very unhappy about that, but it's my own fault.  I was not as good about my diet as I should have been (too much sugar and salt - stress eating), and there you have it.  I actually put on 4 lbs. pretty much overnight (yes, I do that, though my doctor finds that odd - it runs in the family to gain as much as 10 to 15 lbs. in a week from water retention or poor dietary choices), so I am glad that I was able to shed 2 lbs. of that.  Here's hoping that this week I go in the right direction!

3. Health News: I was able to average just over 6,500 steps per day last week.  I hope to get at least my minimum of 6,000 steps per day this week, too, but we'll see.  The weather is supposed to be gross (they are calling for rain/snow most of this week), so it may be hard for me to get out and about.  I will do my best, though!

The insomnia and migraines are leaving me alone for now (when I follow my rules).  I am very happy about that!  Here's hoping that continues!

I was correct in my assumption about chocolate and sugar.  If I eat them after noon, they do make it harder for me to sleep.  I also cannot drink decaf coffee any time of the day without it affecting my sleep.  That is a little sad for me, but at least now I know.  I guess it's tea only for me unless I know I am going to have a late night, and no chocolate or sugary items after noon unless I want to be up late.

I did end up adding both the carbonated water and the cherry juice to my "med" list.  

I also made a change to the amount of Levothyroxine I take on my "med" list page.  My doctor dropped me from 100mcg to 88mcg as my TSH came back too low.  We'll see how I do back on the old amount.  My biggest worry is always that the migraines will come back in full force, but now that I know about the insomnia link with some of my migraines (I do have hormonal migraines, too, but it appears that my thyroid was not the cause of the migraines I had been dealing with as my TSH went too low when we went from 88mcg to 100mcg), I should do better as long as I do things to help the insomnia.  Wish  me luck!

All in all, I am doing pretty well, and I can't complain.  I am feel like I am also mostly over the normal fall stuffiness, so that's good, too.

4. Diet News:  I did great with my intermittent fasting (which I did add to my food "do"s and "don't"s list), but horribly with dietary choices (as I mentioned above).   I made the mistake to stress eat (lots on my mind here that I cannot share at this time) which meant a lot of chocolate and sugar and more salt, and that did a number on me.  I started having some stomach issues among other things, not to mention weight gain, so I am going to do my level best to stop the stress eating.  It doesn't help anything, and it definitely makes things worse.  This week I am going to try to be extra conscious of what I put into my mouth and why.

5. Other News: This week should be a little quieter, and I am grateful for that.  It may end up being crazy, but for now it looks just semi-nuts. :)  I feel like I can breathe a little bit more, so that's good.

If you think about it, please be in prayer for some very special unspokens.  I have a lot on my heart and mind that I cannot share publicly, but those things do require prayer.  Thank you!


How are you doing?  Do you have anything you want to weigh in with?  Any health progress or goals you want to share?  If so, please leave a comment below (with a link to your post, if you have one and wish to leave it), and I'll respond ASAP.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)