NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, September 30, 2019

Weekly Weigh In: Week 15, September 30, 2019

I have decided that this feature will now run indefinitely, and will replace the My Quarterly Report feature.  It will go live every Monday, and it will be a weigh in that will share how I'm doing health-wise, and it will give me more accountability with my health.


Here is my fifteenth weigh in:

1. The Selfie: The selfie is me as of today, September 30, 2019.  

2. Weight: My weight went up a pound.  I'm not happy about it, but I'll keep working on it.  I feel like I'm getting closer and closer to understanding exactly what causes me to gain or lose, so that's helpful.  Hopefully, I will have a weight loss to share next week.  Wish me luck!

3. Health News: I was able to average over 8,500 steps per day last week.  I am thrilled!  I am hoping to do around that this week, but I'm not sure if that will all pan out or not.  I should at least be able to do the 6,000 daily step minimum, though.

The tart cherry juice helped the restless legs, but the insomnia is slower in changing and I've been on 3 days straight of said insomnia (I sleep restlessly for about 2 hours, am up for an hour or more, and repeat until it is time to get up, so I am not getting any truly restorative sleep).  I am finding the insomnia is linked to my migraines (I had a migraine last night and am dealing with it a little bit today, too).  Insomnia normally precedes the migraine, but sometimes it sticks around during and after.  I am hopeful that the migraine and the insomnia will be better tonight.

I am trying some sparkling water (non-flavored, so essentially just carbonated water) for water retention.  It was something I stumbled on quite by accident.  I tried some at a local restaurant, and I noticed that my water retention was reduced a bit afterwards.  I decided to buy some sparkling water and try deliberately drinking it daily to see if it will help with the water retention.  I am not drinking very much (in fact, I am mixing it with my tart cherry juice for now for a version of a REALLY tart cherry soda) - maybe 1/2 to 1 Cup daily, and I think I will have to play with the amounts, but I am thinking it is helping a little.  I will let you know how this goes.

Well, the issues I was having due to the herbal water pill seem to be pretty much over now.  I am still dealing with some things, but they may actually be due to a possible reaction to a new laundry soap I tried.  I'm in the process of figuring all that out.  It's been a long month!  Hopefully, I will be back to 100% soon. :)

4. Diet News:  Another total fail week for me diet-wise, hence the weight gain.  I am going to strive to be a lot more aware this week.  I am finding when I am stressed, super busy or not feeling 100%, I tend to let the diet go which makes everything else worse.  I just cannot do that.  I hope to have this better figured out next week.

The intermittent fasting was not as consistent as I needed it to be this last week, which I do believe played into the weight gain, too.  I plan on trying to get that timing down better.  I am aiming for 10am to 6pm to be my eating time overall.  That seems to work best for me.  On a positive note, I have noticed that I am not as hungry in general and eating more when I'm truly hungry with the intermittent fasting.

5. Other News: Oh, my... This week is going to be even busier than last week.  It's only Monday, and I'm already tired!  Please pray that this insomnia breaks (and that the migraine completely breaks - the pain is being held at bay with ibuprofen, but I'm still dealing with the other side effects such as it is taking me FOREVER to form proper sentences today - oh, the typos! :D ) and that I'm able to rest and get the mega list of things done that I need to for this week without losing my sanity.  Thanks so much!


How are you doing?  Do you have anything you want to weigh in with?  Any health progress or goals you want to share?  If so, please leave a comment below (with a link to your post, if you have one and wish to leave it), and I'll respond ASAP.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)