NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, January 5, 2019

My Quarterly Report: First Quarter 2019

It is time for my first quarterly report of 2019.  On the first Saturday in January, April, August and December, I will be posting a quarterly report of how I am doing in regards to meeting my goals, and what my goals for the upcoming quarter will be.

If you want to share a post that has to do with meeting personal goals, just leave a comment below with a link to your goal-related post, and I'll pop over and visit it and leave a comment, and hopefully some of my other readers will, too. :)  

Here is my first quarterly report:



How I did on last quarter's goals:

Goal #1: Lose some weight by January 5, 2019.
I didn't meet this goal, but I didn't gain weight either, so I'll take it!  Hopefully next time I will have a weight loss to share with you.

Goal #2: Be honest about my diet.
I found that I did meet this goal.  It was something I really had to focus on, but I did it!  That doesn't mean I didn't stress eat at all, but a lot less than normal.  I worked harder on not turning to food when I was bored, too.  I am definitely glad I decided to focus on this, and hope to continue the trend I started.

 Goal #3: Drink 9+ Cups of water per day.
I did accomplish this, but some days were harder than others.  You'd think it would be easy to accomplish this goal with the dry air from the heat being on, because dry air = drier mouth, but it wasn't as easy as when it is hot outside.  Go figure.

Goal #4: Drink some green and herbal teas daily.
I mostly met this goal.  I don't always drink herbal teas and green tea in the same day, but I normally drink one or the other.  I do drink black tea or decaf coffee at times, but would much rather avoid those more often than not.  I am hopeful that I will be able to get in a routine of drinking green and herbal teas daily soon.

Goal #5: Get some form of physical activity daily.
I mostly met this goal.  Whenever the weather allows, my hubby and I go out for a walk.  When it doesn't, I do my best to make the most of the housework.  This means that when I put the clothes away, I leave the basket in the living room and put one article of clothing away at a time, so that I have to take multiple trips vs. one or two.  I also do my best to walk around as much as possible vs. sitting around, even if I'm not going anywhere.  I guess you could say I volunteer to be the errand runner vs. having my kids do it. :)

Goal #6: Focus on getting more quality sleep.
I still haven't transitioned to reading before bed, but I do feel like I am getting more quality sleep overall!  I still struggle with insomnia occasionally, but a lot less than I was.  Being active when possible definitely helps with this!


This Quarter's Goals:
  1. I want to lose some weight.  I didn't set a weight loss amount again, but I do want to at least start losing vs. gaining or staying at the same weight.  I know it will take more effort on my part, but I am confident I will get there!
      
  2. I want to eat more foods that benefit.  By this I mean that I want to eat more things that benefit me personally.  For example, I know chocolate is not my BFF, so I want to avoid it most of the time.  I also know that carbs do not help me in the weight loss area, so I want to focus on eating more proteins and whole fruits and veggies.  I have also recently noticed that I have digestive issues with some foods, and I'm trying to pin down what exactly it is about them that is causing the issue.  I'm leaning towards yeast extract being the issue (it is a natural form of MSG), but I'm not 100% certain on that.  I am going to continue to monitor it, and be cautious around it.  I am also going to work on limiting foods with huge ingredient lists and artificial stuff.  That should help a lot, too. :)
      
  3. I want to continue to drink 9+ Cups of water per day.  Because I've been struggling to do this recently, I want to keep this as a goal.  It is very important for me to get enough water because I struggle with water retention, and I know drinking enough water is key to health in general.
      
  4. I want to drink some green tea and herbal tea daily.  I want to keep this as a goal for the same reasons as before - because I think it will actually help curb my appetite along with bringing me other health benefits.
      
  5. I want to find a way to do some form of physical activity daily.  I want to keep this as a goal because it is hard for me to keep this up this time of year.  Because I injured my arm last year (tennis elbow) during our freak April ice/snowstorm, I am not able to shovel much when it snows which was my main form of exercise in the winter.  We'll see what I come up with, but for now it looks like putting-one-article-of-clothing-away-at-a-time-type housework will be my go-to when I can't get outside and enjoy the outdoors.
      
  6. I want to read more.  This may seem like an odd goal, but I really want to get back to reading for enjoyment more.  I love mysteries (Mary Higgins Clark is my FAVE!) and I have a lot of them, but I haven't been reading them like I used to.  I'd like to get back to that.  Less screen time, more page time.  I think that would be very good for me!

That's about it for now.  How are you doing?  Are you reaching your goals?  Have you tried something new?  Come up with a new recipe?  I hope all is going well with you, and I hope you will leave a comment sharing your thoughts and/or goals (with a link to your post, if you wish).  As always, I wish you the best of luck in all you do, and hope you will return soon! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)