NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Monthly Milestones {5}


Today is my fifth time running my monthly feature where I will be giving you updates on how I am doing physically, mentally, etc. and in which you can link up a post about some form of progress you are making, if you wish (see details below). I am enjoying this, and being publicly accountable (as hard as it is) will and is helping me out tremendously.  I hope you enjoy this link-up as well, will link up something inspiring and share it with others so that we can meet our goals together! :)
Here is how I am doing so far:

Me as of today, May 3, 2014, at 228 lbs.
   
  1. I've lost another pound and learned some things about how my body handles certain ingredients!  This month has not been a huge change weight-wise, but I have learned a few things.  One, I have an intolerance to garlic.  This is something that I'm really sad about, but I've found that I can't even handle garlic salt or powder.  It is now on my avoid list.  I also have issues with raw onion, but seem to be able to handle onion salt and powder for now.  Since I've started to cut out garlic and raw onion, I do not notice an issue with dairy or wheat.  I am still planning on looking more closely into those, though.  I know my weight cannot handle a lot of carbs, so I feel I owe it to myself to look more into a possible gluten issue.  Also, my avoiding soy has helped a LOT, and even having a little bit makes my stomach reel and bloat.  No fun!  Definitely getting easier to avoid it.
      
  2. We've been dealing with illness.  A very nasty virus hit our house for about 2 weeks, and it finally seems to be gone or at least mostly gone.  My youngest is still recovering, and was hardest hit, including suffering a double ear infection at the same time!  Poor sweetie!  We even had a brief scare of wondering if we were dealing with appendicitis with her.  Thankfully, her blood work came back normal, and she appears to be on the mend.  We are hopeful that she'll be 100% soon.  Prayers appreciated!  Thank you! :)
  3. My extended family is in need of prayer.  My niece, Lili, was born with a heart valve that wouldn't close almost 3 years ago.  The doctors had hoped it would close on its own, but it has not, and she is in need of surgery to fix it.  Please be in prayer for my niece and my brother's family as surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, May 7, 2014.  They are missionaries in Ghana, West Africa, and it has been amazing to see how God has worked out all the details for this surgery.  To read more, please visit Patty's blog here.
     
  4. I am working on those exciting plans for my blogs!  Due to all the illness, trying to wrap up schooling and such, I've not been able to implement my plans as of yet.  I am hoping to do so by June, but we shall see! 
     
  5. End-of-school-year testing starts next week!  My boys will have some state required testing starting next week that will last off and on over the next 3 to 4 weeks.  Prayers appreciated as we work to wrap up school for the year and as they do all the required tests.  They are not the most fun for anyone!  Thanks so much! :)
     
  6. We're making headway on our To Do List!  I was able to get some projects done around the house (including sponge painting our bedroom), getting curtain ties made and other things, too!  We've even been able to nearly complete our re-roof project.  We're just waiting for the rain to stop so that we can finish it. :)  Anyway, here are some pictures of my little art projects:

Curtain tie I made for my daughter's room.



Curtain tie I made for the living room.



Sponge painting done in our bedroom.

These were all super easy, inexpensive and quick.  Gotta love that! :)  If you want more details on how I did them, feel free to email me.

 I suppose that's it for now.  How are you doing on your goals?  Hopefully well, and I hope you will link-up a post telling me all about it or even leave a comment sharing your thoughts.  As always, I wish you the best of luck in all you do, and hope you will return soon! :)





~*~*~*~
Now It's Your Turn!



~*~*~*~
Grab A Badge!


(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

8 comments:

  1. Sending huge prayers to your niece. Please keep us updated and let us know how the surgery goes. :)-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! The surgery went well, though she's in a lot of pain since they had to go through a bundle of nerves in her back when doing the surgery. She even had a little bit of trouble with her left lung after the surgery due to the position of a drainage tube. She is out of the ICU now, though, so it appears that her breathing is better. :) Please keep praying that the head cold she has does not move into her lungs, that the pain is able to be controlled enough for her, that she heals well, and for the rest of the family. There are regular updates here: http://johninghana.blogspot.com/ (This is linked above, too, in the post.)

      Delete
  2. My aunt has Fibromyalgia - she became a nutritionist because of it and recommended this book to me: Autoimmune The Cause and the Cure. The same people just wrote another one called Fibromyalgia The Cause and The Cure which my aunt is reading now. The women who wrote the books (she is a genius) cured herself of Fibromyalgia & Lupis!! You should pick one of them up and give it a read. EXTREMELY interesting and helpful information. I highly highly recommend! This is their website: http://www.naturehaditfirst.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers coming to you now. Hope that little one will be okay. What a bummer about garlic but your health is more important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She is doing very well! She may even be released today if all goes well with her echocardiogram. :)

      I'm bummed about the garlic, too. We really do enjoy it, but my tummy sure does not!

      Delete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)