NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Monthly Milestones {2}


Today is my second time running my monthly feature where I will be giving you updates on how I am doing physically, mentally, etc. and in which you can link up a post about some form of progress you are making, if you wish (see details below). I am enjoying this, and being publicly accountable (as hard as it is) will and is helping me out tremendously.  I hope you enjoy this link-up as well, will link up something inspiring and share it with others so that we can meet our goals together! :)
Here is how I am doing so far:
This is me today (February 1, 2014) at 234 lbs.
  1. I've lost a little weight.  I haven't made as much progress as I'd like, but I have made progress.  I've lost 1 pound.  I know, I know.  Only 1, but it's a start.  I have focused mostly on controlling my portions and learning to recognize when I'm truely hungry vs. just eating because ___________ (fill in the blank).  I am trying to eat better, too, but that's been a struggle - kinda two steps forward, one step back or visa versa depending on the day.  It has not been easy, but I am starting to get it - slowly but surely, and that's what's important here. :) I am not thrilled that I didn't loose more, but I am thrilled that I lost some.  Hopefully next month I will lose more. :)
      
  2. I've struggled emotionally.  As you have learned from my last post, this last month has been an emotional rollar coaster for me.  I've really struggled with not knowing where I fit, what my purpose is now that I feel so very limited, and so much more.  The last day or so, I feel more focused, more like me, and I am grateful for that. :)  Sometimes you need to find the bottom before you can start climbing back up, and I feel like that's where I am - on my way back up. :)  Thank you to all who have been praying for me in this area.  Please, don't stop! :)
      
  3. I am getting organized!  I bought a binder and all the stuff that get my recipes all in one place and organized.  I also am working on the purging that I need to do, at least starting mental lists or making actually lists about what needs to be done if it can't be done now.  It feels good! :)
      
  4. We've had some more family time and some time with friends.  Even though we've had some bad weather and some illness, there has been some time where the boys had some friends over, and we've had some family time.  I've even had some longer talks with my mom on the phone when I couldn't go see her due to illness, and I've even gotten to have some text convos with family I haven't gotten to talk to much.  That's felt pretty amazing. :)
  5. More sleep is still a work in progress.  Some days are good, and some days I feel like an insomniac.  I am gonna keep working on it, though. :)
     
  6. I'm doing a little more around the house.  As I am physically able, I am uping my housework load (i.e. doing chores like vacuuming a little more often).  It makes me feel better to know that I can do this when I can.  It is a way that I can get active, and it is always nice to feel like I'm accomplishing something and doing something good for my body at the same time. :)  Double whammy, yah! LOL :)

I guess that pretty much sums it up for now.  How are you doing on your goals?  Hopefully well, and I hope you will link-up a post telling me all about it or even leave a comment sharing your thoughts.  As always, I wish you the best of luck in all you do, and hope you will return soon! :)



~*~*~*~
Now It's Your Turn!


~*~*~*~
Grab A Badge!


(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

6 comments:

  1. You are awesome! :) Good for you for holding yourself publicly accountable! :) I definitely feel like when I get more sleep I feel more like myself.-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley. It is not an easy thing, for sure! No one wants to fail publicly, so I'm praying I won't. I know that bit of fear definitely stays with me day to day! And, yes, more sleep definitely improves my spirits and makes me feel more me, too. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Julie ~ It is not easy to be publicly accountable. Looking forward to seeing you do better and better every month! Love and prayers coming your way!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, ma'am, it is not easy! Thank you for the prayer, love and support, Patty! I appreciate it and need it! :) Love you all and miss you tons!

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is a great idea! I think I would be more successful with weight loss if I made myself more accountable to others. Thank you so much for coming by on my SITS day! P.S. I have Hashimoto's too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not easy, Pam! This is definitely out of my comfort zone, but it does make me triple think my actions.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)