NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, August 15, 2016

{Product Review} Enjoy Life Foods Review Day 1 - Sea Salt Plentils (Top 8 Free, Non-GMO, Vegan)



I was recently contacted by Enjoy Life Foods about doing some some product reviews for them*, and I quickly agreed to do so.  We LOVE Enjoy Life products in this house, and I hope these reviews (3 days' worth - 1 day per product) will show you why. 

Enjoy Life sent me 3 products to review (pictured above): Sea Salt Plentils, Not Nuts! Seed and Fruit Mix: Beach Bash, and Brownie Mix.  First up in the review is the Plentils.


To read my review on the Not Nuts! Seed and Fruit Mix: Beach Bash, go here.

To read my review on the Brownie Mix, go here.

Let's take a look at the packaging.

I liked the packaging.  Lightweight, appealing, and easy to see what it was, what it was free of, etc.  I definitely give them an A+ on packaging.


Let's take a closer look at the chips.

The chips are square and look a little bit like large corn chips, but with a more airy texture.  The color is nice, sunny yellow, and I found them very inviting to try.  They also weren't greasy, so that's another plus.  An A+ for sure on the look and feel of the chips.
 
What do they taste like?


They had a light, airy texture, and weren't greasyThey also had a great crunchy.  The flavor is hard to describe.  They taste pleasantly like a good sea salt chip when you first bite into them, but they end with almost a chicken flavor aftertaste.  My oldest said the flavor reminded him of gluten-free chicken nuggets.  They reminded me a lot of original Bugles in texture, and a bit like Chicken In A Biskit crackers in flavor.  It was one of those things where we weren't quite sure what to think until we had a few bites, and then we were all hooked.  My husband even said that he'd eat them daily, and that's saying something because he's picky about his chips!  All of my kids, my husband and I ended up liking them a lot, and we kept going back for more until they were gone...and then decided that we needed to go purchase some when we find them at the store. :)  As for a taste grade, I'd say most people might initially give it a B to a B+, but it will quickly move into the A to A+ range the more you eat them.


Can I find them in other flavors?
Yes, you can!  Plentils come in several flavors ranging from the Sea Salt ones reviewed here to Dill & Sour Cream, Margherita Pizza, Garlic & Parmesan, and even Himalayan Pink Salt!  You can check them all out here.  All flavors of Plentils are top 8 free, non-GMO, and vegan!  We have every intention of looking for these in a store near us very soon, and we especially want to try the Margherita Pizza flavor.


What do they cost?
They cost about $4 for a 4 oz. bag, and about $1.45 for a 0.8 oz bag when you buy 6 off their website.  The price isn't too bad for a chip that has so much to offer!  This is a top 8 free, non-GMO, vegan chip that works for a lot of different diets and needs that also tastes good.  Some people will find the price tag a bit much, but you can find coupons for them at times, and they do go on sale.  Others of you will find this price a real bargain.   Either way, $4 is easily acceptable for a "sometimes treat"I will give it a B for cost.

The verdict?
Enjoy Life Foods' Sea Salt Plentils are winners!  If you're looking for a chip that comes in several yummy flavors, but is also TOP 8 FREE, VEGAN, and NON-GMO, Plentils are the way to goThey will definitely satisfy your chip cravings and not jeopardize your health.

How Can I Find Out More?
So glad you asked! You can find out more at the following locations:

For more about Plentils, you can go here.









You can also purchase their products in most stores (they have a Store Locator on their site to help you locate a store near you that sells Enjoy Life products) and online.

A big thank you to Enjoy Life Foods for letting me and my family taste and review your products!

Come back tomorrow to read my review on their Not Nuts! Seed and Fruit Mix: Beach Bash!
 




*Any and all opinions are mine without censor and reflect my personal feelings on the product and not that of the person/company who sent them to me.  Though I received these samples for free, that fact did not affect my opinion on said product in anyway.*



(This post was originally posted on my original site, Natural and Free.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)