NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Updates...

Why did I choose to share this picture?
Because I want to be like this leaf; a bright spot amidst the grey and bleak.

So I have a few updates to share with you all.
  1. My blog, Natural and Free, did not make it into the Top 25 Food Allergy Mom Blogs on Circle of Moms, nor did I make it into the Most Influential or the Blogs To Watch categories. I did, however, make it into the upper half (52nd out of 109) of the Food Allergy Mom Blogs that were competing, and that, my friends, is awesome (especially on my first go-round) and makes me feel like a million bucks. :) I couldn't have done it without you. Your support has been absolutely amazing, and I feel like a winner - no matter what the score sheet says. :)

    I would encourage you to take a moment, though, to go visit Circle of Moms and check out all the Top 25 lists, not just the Food Allergy Mom's one. I'm telling you, there are some amazing sites there! I am so blessed to even be on one of those lists along side them, even if it's not in the top 25.  You won't regret taking a moment to check them out! :)
       
  2. I am making good progress with my weight loss goals!  As of Saturday, October 13th, 2012, I am down 25 lbs. since my heaviest this year, 15 lbs. of that since August 5th, 2012 (just days before my diagnosis of Fibromyalgia), and I've lost a total of 10.75 inches since August 11th, 2012.  I am a happy gal! :)  I've still got a long way to go - 65 lbs. to reach my ultimate goal of 155, but I'm ok if I can at least make it to 175, so anything over 45 lbs. more lost is a bonus - but I'm thrilled with my progress.
        
  3. I am doing better with my October Unprocessed pledge.  I'm still not 100%, but better than I was a week ago, so I'm happy.  I'm learning more about how food truly effects me through it, learning to be a little more diligent in label reading and becoming more empathetic to people who have food sensitivities, special dietary needs, etc.  That is invaluable, and I'm glad for it - even if the process hasn't been the most fun!
       
  4. My body is adjusting to autumn!  Really!  I'm not joking!  I still get aches and pains some days for random reasons, I still get stiff and there are days I just want to cut off certain body parts, but I'm learning how to cope, what to do and not do, and that if I do what I'm supposed to do food and exercise-wise, the weather effects can be greatly reduced.  I even went for a 15 minute walk today with my daughter...in the rain...and the cold...to get some groceries...and I'm doing pretty good pain-wise!  Yay! :) 

    I've also found some amazing groups on Facebook that are so very supportive that help TONS!  It's so nice to be surrounded by people, thousands in fact, that know, not just try to understand.  Don't get me wrong; my friends and family have been GREAT and more than supportive, but not everyone has that, and there are just certain parts of Fibromyalgia that you will never understand unless you have it - that's just a fact.  Groups like these are a life saver for so many - sometimes quite literally.  To all of you that visit me from those groups - You're amazing! :)  To all my friends and family that aren't from those groups but support me, anyway - I love you and you're the best! :)
       
  5. I am learning how to be the bright spot.  This condition has its very dark moments.  It can take you darker places than you ever thought you'd go.  It is a shock, and an eye opening experience.  It is in those moments that you have a choice.  Do you let the darkness consume you, or do you look for that bright spot?  Do you scour the globe looking for that one good thing, no matter how tiny, to get you through or not?  It's not always easy; some days it's down right torment to look for the positive.  Some days there is no positive about your physical being...so you have to look beyond it.  You look to God, to friends, to family - and you find that lifeline.  I want to be that lifeline.  I want to be the light in the dark.  I will pray, I will support, I will give that ear and that shoulder to cry on, and I will offer that joke and that smile.  This condition - in all it's awfulness - has given me that: the desire to overcome and rise above and be a blessing and a help.  That is my bright spot...the part that I am so grateful for despite it all.

To all of you visiting my personal blog for the first time, I welcome you with open arms.  If I can help you in any way, please don't hesitate to comment or send me an email.  I'll respond as promptly as I can.

To those of you who have been here before and are returning, bless you!  You make my day! :)  I'm here for you, too!  Comment or email me - I'd love to know you were here!

Thank you for stopping by!  I hope you have an amazing day, and may you find a bright spot to make your day just that much more wonderful! :)


(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you've had so very much going on lately!

    I'm sending good thoughts your way - absolutely love the bright spots line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Galit, for the compliment, for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. That means a lot to me. :)

      Yes, life has been busy! Seems like it's gotten more so instead of less since my diagnosis. Funny how that works. :)

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you're making the best out of everything right now. Congrats on your accomplishments. I've been hearing a lot about fibro lately. Keep being that bright spot!

    Thanks for visiting my blog on my SITS Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the congrats and for stopping by. :) It's been a journey, that's for sure! Support is key...and I strive to be that support.

      You're welcome for stopping by your blog. Was my pleasure. :) More than happy to support a fellow SITS Girl. :)

      Delete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)