NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday, July 1, 2018

Essential Oils 101 with Jess - July 2018: Lavender

Awhile ago, I got curious about essential oils.  A lot of people I know that either prefer natural/herbal medicines or cannot take or use a lot of modern antibiotics due to allergies or other health issues use essential oils.  Because of this, I asked a friend of mine, Jessica, who is an essential oil guru in my opinion, if she'd be willing to do a monthly feature on here for me about essential oils, and she said she'd be delighted to! :)  "Essential Oils 101 with Jess" will go live the first day of every month, and I hope you find the information helpful!  If you're curious about essential oils, this information will be a great starting point for you! (See the disclaimer at the bottom of the post for further information.)

Without further adieu, I give you Jess!


~*~*~*~*~

As a wife to a husband who works hard at 50+ hours a week and a stay-at-home Mommy of 2 very busy littles, I simply say, "Hello!  My name is Jess!"  I've been faithfully using my Young Living kit and oils for 2 years now.  I thought that they were just over priced bottles of smelly oils, and it took me a year before I actually USED them in 2016 after my daughter was born and she fell ill.  After a few failed attempts of medicines and research, I made the choice to turn to oils.  The difference within 24 hours sold me out, and now they've become a daily part of my family's lives!  I love to do research upon research to find just what different oils are, what they do, and how I can use them.  My passion to share and teach others continues to grow daily.  Unfortunately, we aren't born with vast amounts of wisdom and knowledge, so that's why I'm here!  I want to make that road a little easier for each of you! 

~*~*~*~*~
July's Oil of the Month:
Lavender (5mL)



Happy Summer time!!  Anyone else dancing the happy sunshine dance!?  Me too!!!  Ok, well, as with most things in life, there are pros and yes….cons to the heat (Blaaahhh!).  And a pretty big con of the beautiful beach and sunshine days is our skin.  Unfortunately, our skin and that big yellow ball don’t always mesh, and we can end up looking more like an East Coast lobster than a sun-kissed beach bum!  So, to help celebrate July, I’ve chosen to feature the beautiful Lavender, AKA the Swiss Army Knife!  This is a great go-to for so many daily needs!  Lavender is known for benefits like skin support, mood and brain support, supports healing of burns/cuts/bites, it’s a calming oil to diffuse at night and you can even add a few drops to freshen up your laundry or home cleaning!

The top summer use my family uses Lavender for is for an After Sun Rub.  This cream offers you a temporary relief from that painful and even itching skin!  

Here's what you'll need to make the After Sun Rub:
  1. Mix lavender oil, lotion and carrier oil into the bottle.
  2. Fill the rest of the bottle with the warm water or witch hazel. (The warmth of the liquid will help the mixture blend better, so it does need to be warm.)
  3. Add the cap and shake until the mixture is completely blended. (This may take a minute or 2, but it will blend.)
  4. The mixture is now ready to use, but you'll have to shake it before each use.
  5. You can add in 2 - 3 drops of peppermint oil in step 1 if you want to have a highly cooling sensation added in!
* - Click on the links to view ingredient lists to see if these ingredients are right for you and fit your individual allergen needs.  Note that the oils mentioned are the Vitality variety.  You can search the other oils and blends here.


And that’s it!  You now have a wonderful refreshing rub for that sunny skin you’re wearing! 



Ready to make your own summer soother or want to know more about how to get your own oils?
Click —>  https:yl.pe/58q8

For even more information on how you can get started with Young Living Essential Oils, click here.

Curious as to "Why Young Living?"  Click here.

Want to keep up with my latest oils, info and discovery?
Head over to my blog, Essentially Balanced.


Disclaimer:  This post is for informational purposes only and is not meant to take the place of your doctor’s medical advice.  Though essential oils can be of great benefit for many people, they need to be used properly, and please be advised that some people cannot use essential oils due to allergies, sensitivities, etc.  I highly recommend that you discuss the use of essential oils with your allergist or physician prior to using them for the first time to see if essential oils are right for you.  All information shared here is based on the personal experiences of Jessica Pero and/or myself, and individual results can vary.  Neither of us are doctors, and we cannot treat, cure or diagnose any medical conditions.  

Neither Jessica nor I have been paid for our opinion of Young Living products, though free samples may have been sent to us at times (most products will have been purchased by at least Jessica for personal use vs. being given to her for free to try prior to it appearing on this page).  Our opinions are 100% our own without censor and reflect our personal feelings on the products and not that of the company/person that sent them to us.  If I do not have a comment on a particular product, it is because I have not personally tried it.  No product will be shown on this site that has not been tried by at least Jessica beforehand.

This post will also contain links (that were safe and valid at the time of posting) to outside sources to give you more information about the products listed and about how to purchase these products, including but not limited to the option to set up an account with Young Living.  You are not required nor obligated to set up an account with Young Living nor to purchase products from them by visiting these links.  If you choose to set up an account with Young Living or buy their products, you do so at your own discretion.  Furthermore, by using the information in this post, you expressly acknowledge and agree that Caring Foodie, its author (Julie Moore), Jessica and Caleb Pero, Essentially Balanced, Young Living, blogspot.com and wordpress.com are not responsible for the outcomes of your decisions resulting from the use of this information including, but not limited to, your choosing to purchase or not purchase products, to take (or not to take) a specific course of action based on the information shared herein or your seeking (or not seeking) professional medical care.


~*~*~*~*~
Thanks for being my guest, Jess!

I hope you all have enjoyed learning a little more about lavender essential oil.  If you have further questions, please leave a comment below and Jess will respond as she is able or contact her via her "Contact" page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)