NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, April 7, 2018

My Quarterly Report: Second Quarter 2018


It is time for my second quarterly report of 2018.  On the first Saturday in January, April, August and December, I will be posting a quarterly report of how I am doing in regards to meeting my goals, and what my goals for the upcoming quarter will be.

If you want to share a post that has to do with meeting personal goals, just leave a comment below with a link to your goal-related post, and I'll pop over and visit it and leave a comment, and hopefully some of my other readers will, too. :)  

Here is my second quarterly report:


    How I did on last quarter's goals:
Goal #1: Lose at least 5 lbs. by April 7th, 2018.
I did not reach this goal.  My weight yo-yoed a lot, and I am just thrilled I didn't have a weight gain to share with you.  I'll take the "no change" for now, but will definitely keep working on the weight loss!

Goal #2: Drink 9+ Cups of water per day.
I was able to do this without difficulty!

Goal #3: Eat more vegetables.
I was able to do this overall.  I ate more salads, and added a bit more variety of veggies as I could more regularly (namely baby spinach, bell peppers, tomatoes and carrots - I am still trying to get brave enough to incorporate things like kale, avocado, etc.).

Goal #4: Eat less sugar.
I did so-so here.  I'd do great for a few weeks, and then I'd find myself giving in to a chocolate craving or eating way more sugar than I'd planned.  I think this fail played into the lack of weight loss.

Goal #5: Get some form of physical activity daily.
Overall, I did ok with this.  There were several days where outside activity was impossible, but I did try to do something daily, but not as much as I'd like.

Goal #6: Be grateful even when it is hard.
I feel like I am still a work-in-progress here, but I've also made improvements in this area.  Though this goal has served as a reminder to have the right attitude, it is not always easy to be grateful, especially right away in a rough situation.  However, when I chose to be grateful, God always let me see a blessing in some form.

Goal #7: Meet my blog posting goals.
I have been keeping my blog posting goals on Natural and Free, but only been able to post once a month on here, so I met this goal 3/4 of the way.


This Quarter's Goals:
1. I want to lose 5 lbs. by August.  Again, I've made a weight loss goal of 5 lbs.  I'm hoping that some of my other goals will help me reach this one this time.

2. I want to continue to drink at least 9 Cups of water per day.  I feel pretty good at 9 Cups of water per day.  I may up this to 12 at some point in the summer, but for now I'll keep it at 9.

3. I want to eat only when hungry.  One thing I noticed over the last 3 months especially is that I tend to eat when bored more than when hungry.  This is something I really want to work on.  I am sure this habit (eating out of boredom) makes it harder for me to lose the weight I need to.  I plan on asking myself, "Am I hungry or just bored?" before I eat anything.  If the answer is "bored", then I will just go find something to do!  We'll see how it goes.

4. I want to eat less sugar/processed foods.  I decided to change this goal from last quarter to included processed foods.  I always do better when the food is more natural, so I really want to focus on eating less processed and less sugar overall.  I didn't do so great with avoiding sugar or processed foods last quarter, and it really hurt me at times!  I don't want to make the same mistake.  Wish me luck!

5. I want to get some form of physical activity daily.  I decided to keep this goal.  The weather is being all over the map right now, but very soon we should have some lovely weather to really get outside and enjoy.  When we did have good days, I made it a point to go out and walk.  I plan to try to get at least a short walk in daily whenever possible at least.

6. I want to manage stress better.  I am not a good stress manager.  Pressure gets to me, and I tend to want to hide away and avoid rather than face things head on, partly because I hate being a grouch, and I know I get grouchy when I am stressed.  I need to find a good way to stress manage.  I want to pray more quickly about things that stress me, take a moment to re-group when I need it, and honestly, just make time to relax.  I am a "go, go, go" type of person when there is something to do.  I forget to relax, and I really need to.  I am finding that walking is a great de-stresser for me, so I want to do that when I can.  Pleasure reading is also relaxing, so I plan to fit that in, as well.  We'll see how it goes.

7.  I want to keep meeting my blog posting goals that I'm meeting, and work on meeting my posting goals that I am not meeting.  As I said earlier, I have been able to meet my new blog posting goals that require me to post twice a month minimum on Natural and Free.  I have not been able to post twice a month on here, though.  I am going to work on that.  We'll see how I do!


That's about it for now.  How are you doing?  Are you reaching your goals?  Have you tried something new?  Come up with a new recipe?  I hope all is going well with you, and I hope you will leave a comment sharing your thoughts and/or goals (with a link to your post, if you wish).  As always, I wish you the best of luck in all you do, and hope you will return soon! :)




(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)