NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Friday, December 9, 2016

Some of My Favorite {Allergy-Friendly} Teas For Wellness


Years ago, I posted a recipe for My Wellness Tea.  Since then, I have found a few teas that are both delicious and helpful when it comes to illness.  They are also all non-GMO, kosher, most of them are organic, and they are all top 8 free!  Pretty awesome, right?  They would make a great addition to any pantry to keep on hand, especially during times of illness.  I know I keep them on hand at all times, and they have helped us on more than a few occasions when we were dealing with various bugs.  They aren't a cure-all, but they definitely do help!

{Note: I have NOT been asked to promote any of these teas, and I am NOT being compensated in any way with products or funds.  Bigelow and Tazo don't even know that I'm posting this.  All opinions are my own.  Also, this post is purely my OPINION, and should NOT take the place of your doctor's medical advice.  ALWAYS discuss the use of any product used for wellness with your doctor BEFORE you start using it.  Most of the time a doctor will tell you that you are more than welcome to try any herbal remedy you wish, but there is no guarantee they will work, and that is true - the same goes with a lot of medications as well, but that's another story.  Anyway, you need to be aware that there are certain medications that have herbal interaction warnings, so do NOT drink ANY of these teas if you are on medications with such restrictions (normally, those will be heart medications or medications involving time-released delivery systems), and make sure to find out if your medications have any such restrictions BEFORE you drink them, too.}




~*~*~*~



This tea contains: organic ginger, organic lemongrass, organic blackberry leaves, organic lime oil, organic apple, organic cinnamon, natural lemon flavor, organic licorice root, organic lemon oil, organic orange peel, organic lemon peel, and organic clove.  It is also all natural, herbal, kosher, non-GMO, organic, caffeine-free, and top 8 free.

I find this blend to be great when you're fighting some illness that involves congestion and nausea.  Add a little honey to it, and it will help soothe a sore throat, too.  It's got a nice, comforting heat to it from the ginger, and just enough citrus to help boost immunity.



~*~*~*~


This tea contains: organic lemongrass, organic chamomile, natural lemon flavor, and organic lemon peel.  It is also all natural, herbal, kosher, non-GMO, organic, caffeine-free, and top 8 free.

I find this blend to be great when you're fighting some illness that involves restlessness and just feeling blah.  It's very comforting and relaxing to drink, and the citrus gives your immunity a boost, which is great.  If you add a little honey, it can help soothe a sore throat, too.



~*~*~*~



This tea contains: peppermint leaves.  It is also all natural, herbal, kosher, non-GMO, caffeine-free, and top 8 free.

This tea is ideal for nausea.  It is very refreshing, too.  As with most teas, adding a little honey can help soothe a sore throat, too.  Peppermint has also been known to help with headaches, so it may be worth trying for that type of situation, too.



~*~*~*~

And, last by not least, there's Tazo's Organic Chai Tea.


This tea contains: Organic black teas, organic ginger, organic cinnamon, organic black pepper, organic cardamom, organic cloves, and organic star anise.  It is also all natural, organic, kosher, non-GMO, and top 8 free.  Please note that this is NOT a caffeine-free or herbal tea.

This one is absolutely my go-to wellness blend for teas.  It helps with nausea and congestion, stuffy nose, and so much more.  That's why I use it in My Wellness Tea. You can add honey to it to help soothe a sore throat, lemon juice to help boost immunity, or both.  It is really a great product.


~*~*~*~

I hope you have enjoyed this post and found it helpful!  Now you have some allergy-friendly teas to add to your pantry that taste good and can help you feel better, too!



(This post was originally posted on my original site, Natural and Free.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)