NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Friday, September 30, 2016

Monthly Milestones 2016 {10}

Today is the tenth Monthly Milestones of 2016 (a day early since I will be gone all day tomorrow).  If you want to share a milestone post, just leave a comment below with a link to your milestone post, and I'll pop over and visit it and leave a comment, and hopefully some of my other readers will, too. :)  Normally, Monthly Milestones, where I will be giving you updates on how I am doing physically, mentally, etc., will go live on the first Saturday of every month, though sometimes I may be a day early or late depending on circumstances.

Here is how I am doing as of today:

Me as of today, September 30, 2016, at 232 and a half pounds.


  1. My weight is exactly the same as it was at the beginning of the month.  My weight roller coaster was back again this month, and I ended up at exactly the same weight as I was at the beginning of the month.  Hopefully, the next Monthly Milestones will show a weight loss.  I'll just keep watching what I eat, try to stay active, and we'll see how it goes.
        
  2. I'm still trying to be quite active.  I still try to make sure that I am doing things that require activity whenever I can, which includes daily walks when weather allows, doing the housework that needs to be done daily, etc.  I feel better when I'm more active, so I will have to get creative to stay active as the weather begins to get colder, wetter, snowy (hopefully not this one for awhile yet!), etc.
     
  3. Dietary/lifestyle changes are still happening.  I haven't transitioned to tea yet, but I'm hoping to do that over this next month.  My husband has been lifted off his corn restrictions as it has not been linked to his EoE, though he's re-introducing it slowly, and may never get back to eating corn, corn chips, etc.  He has allowed corn starch back into his diet in moderation, though.  We're still working more and more towards "natural" and homemade foods most of the time, too.
        
  4. I have no diagnosis and my health is mainly stable for now.  My last MRI was normal.  I had some eye tests done due to my eye issues, and those were also normal.  The only thing that hasn't been rechecked yet is my lab work, which is due to be rechecked in the next few weeks.  Basically, I'm in a state of limbo right now.  I don't have to go back to the neurologist or eye doctor unless I have new or worsening symptoms.  My vision is stable (which means bad night vision and trouble with twilight/dusk or lots of rain, etc., and I can read/see, though sometimes I have to focus extra hard to do so), and I'm not on any official restrictions other than my own personal comfort with doing a task like driving (which I can do unless I'm headed somewhere unfamiliar where I have to read a lot of road signs or trying to travel in bad weather).  I've also not had any more weakness in awhile, which is great.  Every one of my doctors is ok with me just seeing the chiropractor for now as it's the only thing that's even remotely been able to help me, and seeing anyone else as needed. 
       
    Additionally, my neurologist is still thinking I'm dealing with a migraine variant, Fibromyalgia complication, or even Hashimoto's complication.  If I do have to go back, she's looking at putting me on a migraine preventative medication, and there are only so many of those I can take - I believe only 2 types - due to my Factor V Leiden, and one of those I know I can't take because they made my migraines worse, so I really don't want to go that route.  I'm not convinced this is migraine (neither is my eye doctor) unless it's migraine aura I'm dealing with, and that doesn't really make sense, and I'm not really sure I even have Fibromyalgia due to the lack of traditional Fibromyalgia pain (I was diagnosed after like 3 months of weakness/stiffness and pain upon pressing on different areas of my body), so that leaves the possibility of Hashimoto issues or hormone issues which we can't do a thing about (other than keep my thyroid levels in check) since my Factor V Leiden prevents me from taking Estrogen (it would increase my blood clot risk exponentially).  You can see the dilemma.  Anyway, it's a matter of prayer, and I appreciate all your prayers in regards to my health!
         
  5. Chiropractic seems to be helping a bit.  Unfortunately, our health insurance year starts over again tomorrow (October 1st), so our deductible (which is crazy high) will need to be met again starting tomorrow before we get any sort of insurance coverage, and we're still paying on last year and will be for awhile, so we can't afford to go into major debt unless we have no other choice (i.e. hospitalization, major testing).  I'll still be going to the chiropractor as we can afford it, but it will be more like once a month or so vs. twice a week unless we can work something out.  Please pray that we will be able to work out something so that I can go as often as I need to to keep these symptoms at bay!  Thank you so much!
      
  6. Homeschooling is going well!  Monarch has been a good fit for us.  We're hoping to add in electives sooner than later, but again, that has extra cost to it we can't afford at present.  Please pray about this!  We know we are doing what God says, and we know He will provide in His timing and way.  Pray for guidance and wisdom here.  Thanks so much!
        
  7. Thank you for all your prayers, and we would appreciate your continued prayers!  We appreciate all the prayers and support as we've gone through so much this last year, especially. It's been a real blessing! 

    Please continue to pray for us with the homeschooling, my health, and for some other unspokens at this time.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!
          
  8.  Blog updates have stalled, though posting has increased! So far, I've been able to post at least monthly to this blog and Natural and Free, and I've also been able to make minor changes here and there, so that's a plus.  Hopefully I'll be able to keep this up, and possibly even add in a few more things sooner than later.  We shall see!

That's about it for now.  How are you doing?  Are you reaching your goals?  Have you tried something new?  Come up with a new recipe?  I hope all is going well with you, and I hope you will leave a comment sharing your thoughts and/or milestones (with a link to your post, if you wish).  As always, I wish you the best of luck in all you do, and hope you will return soon! :)



(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)