NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Monthly Milestones 2015 {1}





Happy New Year! :)  I hope your new year has started off right. Mine's been a bit rough (illness-wise), but I'm still excited for this "fresh start".

Anyway, today is my first Monthly Milestones for 2015. As you can see, I've changed a few things, but the "rules" are still the same. I will be giving you updates on the first Saturday of every month on how I am doing physically, mentally, etc., and you can link up a post (or 3 or more) about some form of progress you are making, if you wish (see details below).  Being publicly accountable (as hard as it is) helps me out tremendously.  I hope you enjoy this link-up, will link up something inspiring and share it with others so that we can meet our goals together! :)

Here is how I am doing as of today:





Me as of today, January 3, 2015, at 229.5 lbs.
(Yes, this is a new outfit.  New year, new outfit! :)  The socks are subject to change, though! :D )

  1. I've lost a little.  I am very happy to say that my weight has gone down.  I went from 230.5 to 229.5.  Only a pound lost overall, but I'll take it! :)
      
  2. I am still trying to walk  on most days.  We've been on our winter break, so I have not gotten to walk on Monday - Thursday like I'd been.  I've tried to get some form of walking in at least a few times because I find that I NEED to walk to feel at my best, but I have admittedly not gotten out as much as I'd like.  Part of that has to do with illness, some of that with holiday plans, and some of that is just not taking the time to do it.  I look forward to preschool starting back up next week so that I can walk my daughter to school again, but there may end up being a delay on that since she's feeling a bit under the weather.  I'll explain more about that in my next point.
         
  3. Physically, I'm still not at my best.  I mentioned last month how I have been feeling "off" and dealing with more pain and fatigue (for even more details, go here).  I have been focusing more on eating right, and that makes a huge difference.  My migraine count has been down, and I'm sleeping better.  However, I got a nasty virus of sorts that kept me pretty miserable for a week, and I'm still not 100% over it.  My daughter is complaining of not feeling too great today (we've all had the same cold/sinus-type issues off and on since about mid-December), but thankfully so far she is not feverish.  There is a nasty flu going around, and I'm really praying that she hasn't gotten it.  Time will tell, and all I can do is do my best to keep things clean, and work on making sure my daughter (and the rest of us!) is getting the foods and rest she needs to fit the bug.  Prayers appreciated!  Thanks! :)
        
  4.  I'm still working on my new groove with my blogs.  I still want to post at least once a month on here and on Natural and Free, and I'm shooting for every other week and working my way to once a week.  I am not where I want to be, and things are taking a lot longer than planned, but it is what it is.  I haven't forgotten about you all, and I hope you haven't forgotten about me. :)
      
  5. I'm working on prioritizing better.  Last year, I made huge strides in my priorities, but I still feel they aren't 100% where they should be.  It is so much easier to check Facebook than it is to do the laundry or clean the bathroom.  I find that I can very easily waste time unless I determine not to.  I can get a lot done quickly if I just buckle down and do it.  I know someone out there can relate, at least I hope so! LOL :)  Anyway, that's one of my bigger goals this year: right priorities in all areas.  Not just having God and family in the right place, but also housework, exercise, meal prep, etc.  God and family are easy to put first, but the other stuff?  Not so much.  What can I say?  I'm a work in progress, too! :D

That's about it for now.  How are you doing?  Are you reaching your goals?  Have you tried something new?  Come up with a new recipe?  I hope all is going well with you, and I hope you will link-up a post telling me all about it or even leave a comment sharing your thoughts.  As always, I wish you the best of luck in all you do, and hope you will return soon! :)





~*~*~*~
Now It's Your Turn!



~*~*~*~
Grab A Badge!


(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)