NOTICE

At the time of publication, all recipes were free of the allergens listed as being free of in the title (i.e. soy-free, milk-free, etc.), and all other information shared was accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Though I strive to update outdated information quickly and work diligently to make sure you have the most accurate information possible at all times, it is your duty to double check labels EVERY TIME to ensure that the ingredients you use are SAFE FOR YOU.
DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS INGREDIENTS AND INFORMATION DO CHANGE.
Your doctor or allergist should also be your first go-to for information on how to handle your medical needs. That being said, if you DO notice an error, please send me an email letting me know (tell me what page or recipe the error is on, what the error is, etc.), and I will correct the error ASAP.
Thank you so much!

Please Be Advised:
I make sure all of my recipes use foods that are free of the allergens they say they are free of. You will need to do the same. For help with this, please see the appropriate "Alternative Names" page for the allergen(s) you need the recipe free of.

Print This Recipe/Page

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Monthly Milestones {6}


Today is my sixth time running my monthly feature where I will be giving you updates on how I am doing physically, mentally, etc. and in which you can link up a post about some form of progress you are making, if you wish (see details below). I am enjoying this, and being publicly accountable (as hard as it is) will and is helping me out tremendously.  I hope you enjoy this link-up as well, will link up something inspiring and share it with others so that we can meet our goals together! :)

I know this link-up is about a week early, but I will be on vaca next weekend, so I cannot do it then.  I thought having it early would be better than having it late.  I hope you all agree. :)
Anyway, here is how I am doing so far:


Me, today, May 31, 2014, at 228.5 lbs.
   
  1. I've gained half a pound.  The one thing I feared has happened; I've had to share the fact that I've gained, not lost, this last month.  I know, I know - it's only half a pound.  It could be a lot worse.  I am still not happy about it.  When you want to be losing, any gain, no matter how small, is frustrating.  Hopefully, I can say differently next month, and I will keep plugging away.  Wish me luck! :)
      
  2. I've been more active!  I don't know if you can tell without directly comparing the last picture with this one, but (even though I've gained a little) I have gotten more toned.  I've been going on pretty much daily walks, and I know that's helped with my toning, sleeping and energy level.  I am loving this warm weather! :)
     
  3. I'm still working on what I can and can't eat.  I am still trying to figure out exactly what it is that is giving me IBS issues.  I have cut back severely on fried foods because they seem to bother me most.  I have found a bread that is soy-free and contains organic and natural ingredients that my body seems to tolerate really well.  I do know, though, that I cannot eat as many carbs as I'd like of any sort.  They make me hold onto weight quicker and longer than anything.  I have noticed a possible issue with corn, too.  So, I am going to be looking into corn and gluten more closely for now, and possibly dairy and peanuts/tree nuts (they are on my suspect list, too).  I am not sure that these are things I necessarily have to eliminate from my diet, but I may have to cut back on them a lot or be very picky about their source or what I combine them with.  I'll keep you posted.
  4. My niece, Lili, is doing great!  As I mentioned during the last link-up, my niece, Lili, was born with a heart valve that wouldn't close almost 3 years ago.  The doctors had hoped it would close on its own, but it has not, and she is in need of surgery to fix it.  Her surgery was on Wednesday, May 7, 2014, in Ghana, West Africa, where her parents (my brother and his wife) are missionaries, and it was a huge success.    She goes back in 2 months to make sure that her heart is shrinking back to normal size.    Continued prayers are needed in that regard.  Thank you!  To read more, please visit Patty's blog here.
     
  5. I am still working on those exciting plans for my blogs!  I've started on some of the changes, but they are slow going.  I'm adding more "alternative names and helpful links" pages on Natural and Free.  I've been able to get one up for milk and eggs, and have plans for one on shellfish/fish/seafood and one on tree nuts/peanuts.  I hope to have those pages up before I go on vaca.  I also made a page for anaphylaxis info over having the info in the side bar.  This is just the first series of changes.  Exciting times here, for sure! :)
     
  6. The boys have finished all their coursework!  My boys have finished all their required coursework and testing!  YAY!  We still have to log hours until June 6th, but otherwise, we are done!  Now we can do fun lessons and lots of PE. :)  They don't mind a bit!  I hope to get a post up soon about what this first year has taught me.  I have learned a LOT!
      
  7. Now that summer is here, I hope to post more!  I know that I haven't been around much on either blog during this school year.  I deeply regret that, but it could not be helped.  The curriculum proved to be a lot more academic than I thought, my involvement in teaching my boys was more than I'd imagined (though I didn't mind a bit), and I feel like I wasn't as prepared as I thought.  I don't blame the school at all, though.  This was definitely a "it's my first year, and I'm not quite sure what to expect" kinda thing.  I thought I knew and had prepared to do quite a bit, but I really wasn't as ready as I thought.  I didn't know what to ask, what to crop lesson plan-wise, etc. until well into the school year.  There was some lack of communication because of that, but all-in-all, MVCA and their teachers are great (though I know some disagree - it's not for everyone).  I have a greater respect for homeschool moms than ever now.  It is not for the faint of heart, at least it's not if you do it right!  My boys have come so very far this year (I'm sure due to the more advanced nature of the material - again, not that the school they went to before was bad (in fact, I think it was well above average compared to some of the horror stories I've heard from other parents at MVCA) - and due to the one-on-one nature of homeschooling), and that means more to me than anything.  I am looking forward to doing it again next year. :)
     
That's all for now, I suppose.  How are you doing?  Are you reaching your goals?  Have you tried something new?  Come up with a new recipe?  I hope all is going well with you, and I hope you will link-up a post telling me all about it or even leave a comment sharing your thoughts.  As always, I wish you the best of luck in all you do, and hope you will return soon! :)





~*~*~*~
Now It's Your Turn!



~*~*~*~
Grab A Badge!


(This post was originally posted on my original site, Fibro, Fit and Fab!)

4 comments:

  1. Julie if you are getting more toned then you may be gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more but is leaner than fat so you might to measure yourself. I bet you would be surprised! Keep plugging along you'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right - I should be measuring, too, but I have yet to do that. I probably would be surprised. :) Thanks for the reminder and for the encouragement! :)

      Delete
  2. Just had to speak up to say I know how frustrating it is to gain even one pound when you're trying to lose weight. When that happens I remind myself that muscle weighs more than fat. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, Melissa! :) Thanks for stopping by and letting me know I'm not alone! :)

      Delete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Feel free to leave a message or email me directly (See the "Contacting Me" page for more information on how to do this.).

Please note that all comments must be approved before they are published, and no anonymous comments are allowed (you can email me if you don't want to leave a public comment). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for reading me! I love to hear from my readers so keep the comments/emails coming! :)